Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Radio Sussex team fuming with the Albion

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not just WA, Cantor as well. Both fuming with all the events leading to the equaliser, linking this to failing to take three points against ten men Watford. They're are explicit that in the PL you must win these games when bossing an out of sorts opposition; WA said these are the margins that send teams down.

I'm looking at the big picture and am satisfied with a point against a club that have recently spent £100m's, in vain, to buy success. Before the season I thought it quite possible that we'd get nothing out of games against the mega spending 7 clubs.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I sort of agree, but come the end of the season. Games we should have seen out like this one and Bournemouth could be the difference between staying up or going down. It may not come to that, but we do need to take our golden opportunities when they arrive. :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bollocks. How about the fact that we played well but only had one or two decent chances in the whole game against a very good side and should have lost at the end...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

larus

Not just WA, Cantor as well. Both fuming with all the events leading to the equaliser, linking this to failing to take three points against ten men Watford. They're are explicit that in the PL you must win these games when bossing an out of sorts opposition; WA said these are the margins that send teams down.

I'm looking at the big picture and am satisfied with a point against a club that have recently spent £100m's, in vain, to buy success. Before the season I thought it quite possible that we'd get nothing out of games against the mega spending 7 clubs.

I sort of agree, but come the end of the season. Games we should have seen out like this one and Bournemouth could be the difference between staying up or going down. It may not come to that, but we do need to take our golden opportunities when they arrive. :)

Agree with both, but I was just thinking of starting a thread saying that, in some ways, I take a lot of positives from this. Apart from Man City and Arsenal, we haven't really been outplayed (I don't think). Leicester we were still finding our feet I feel.

But since then, we've competed and been reasonably strong at the back and getting involved more as each game goes by in midfield. From what I saw of Izquierdo (sp?) today, I thought he looked a little raw/unpredictable, but is fast, decent strike on him and is a decent addition to the squad. Hopefully he'll get more game time too. It's up front where we still look toothless, but we knew that was the area where we were lacking.

I feel that we should be able to go into games with all but the big 6 and feel as though we can compete (even though we have to battle hard). After 8 games I feel more optimistic that I did at the start of the season

D

Deleted member 2719

Warrens gutted and he has a fair point we are at home against a out of form side and not to many positives and notching up just the 1 point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How about the terrible defensive error that led to Knockaert's goal when Everton could have easily cleared the ball? Yes, it is disappointing in the end but we more than matched Everton today, I think it's massively positive that we can match a team with all those high quality players. We just need to play like that away from home and we will pick up points from a lot of games.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bollocks. How about the fact that we played well but only had one or two decent chances in the whole game against a very good side and should have lost at the end...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This.

With the chances they created, we were lucky they only put one away. You could say: “those are the types of games you need to draw to stay up”.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I honestly think that had we got the striker we were after, we'd be absolutely laughing. Relegation would not be a big worry. Ryan has proved a lot of people wrong, the back 4 looks pretty strong, Stephens and Propper are getting better with every game, we're strong in the wide areas and most of our goals have involved Gross in some way. Murray looked off the pace today and while Hemed has done tremendously well, we cannot rely on him alone. I'm enjoying watching this team and I remain optimistic at our chances even with the striking options we have. Get someone decent in in January and we could be quite comfortable.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think the manner of the draw also plays a part. 1-1 is the same result whether in the manner just done or roles reversed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I honestly think that had we got the striker we were after, we'd be absolutely laughing. Relegation would not be a big worry. Ryan has proved a lot of people wrong, the back 4 looks pretty strong, Stephens and Propper are getting better with every game, we're strong in the wide areas and most of our goals have involved Gross in some way. Murray looked off the pace today and while Hemed has done tremendously well, we cannot rely on him alone. I'm enjoying watching this team and I remain optimistic at our chances even with the striking options we have. Get someone decent in in January and we could be quite comfortable.

If Stephens could learn to pass to our players instead of opponents, he'd improve even faster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here