Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May's P45

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Which is what matters to the general public. There are many things that we say to our nearest in confidence but not make public and also in the work place but out of the ears of the boss.

Eh? People are starved of honest Politicians, they want the truth. May should have never been leader.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What a total shambles of a conference that was, from start to finish.
Empty seats galore, lethargy, arguments between ministers and to cap it all May had to ressurect promises made in the manifesto but not mentioned in the Queens speech. And it's the old energy cap trump card again.
Knowing its right at the top of things that really piss people off because they can't afford to heat their house in the winter.
If she goes back on it this time then she is even more despicable than I thought.
She really is so very weak and useless in every way.
This car crash of a party, at war with each other, are in charge of handling the most important decision this country has made in a very long time, maybe ever, and we have these clowns handling it, so far it's a mess and it will only get worse, ending in no deal, or that pissmidget Johnson will be our PM.
If it wasn't so very serious I would be laughing.

I agree, but the alternative is a JC led party which seems to want to go back on the referendum decision and make deals with the EU to stay in the single market.
The concessions we would have to accept will be free movement, massive contributions to the EU coffers and probably a worse situation than DC had negotiated.
Talk about a laughing stock - UK will be!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Eh? People are starved of honest Politicians, they want the truth. May should have never been leader.

That may be the case but she is and she is the one that is going to lead us through Brexit. Honest politicians vanished long before Queen Victoria, they now say what suits the agenda and have done for as long as I can remember since before Harold MacMillan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like Mrs May in as much as she seems quite caring and nice. However, she is a technocrat with a particular mindset that is incompatible with leadership. This is exemplified by the following sequence of events

1. She backs remain (lukewarm, but...)
2. She (her cause) loses the referendum.
3. Cameron, who also loses the referendum, resigns as tory leader.
4. She thinks 'yeah, I'm in the same boat, I have to resign, too'

Oh....

No she thinks 'I support the will of the people, whether I disagree lukewarmly or strongly, and yet I think I am fit to champion this important issue with which I disagree. I shall stand to be tory leader!'.

Never gonna work, is it? :nono:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree, but the alternative is a JC led party which seems to want to go back on the referendum decision and make deals with the EU to stay in the single market.
The concessions we would have to accept will be free movement, massive contributions to the EU coffers and probably a worse situation than DC had negotiated.
Talk about a laughing stock - UK will be!

The referendum decision was to leave the EU. There were NO terms. There are bound to be deals. Your idea of Brexit may be 'Brexit means Brexit' (i.e., we just rip up all the arrangments and introduce a visa to visit Calais (and ditto between Northern Irland and the south); however this was not on the ballot paper. Nothing was on the ballot paper. Just yes or no....

We have no idea what Labour might go for. It is not their shout (yet). I am hoping that if they get in, and enter discussions (if they win an election called early....not likely to be called early since look what happened to the tories recently - power is all) they state beforehand that if they cannot get a deal that makes sense, they will not sign (NO Brexit) but instead call a general election, with 'remain' as their main manifsto pledge.

I realise this is all unlikely for numerous reasons, but it is the only pathway that makes any sense to me. My loathing for Cameron's feckless stupidity - calling a referendum he could not guarantee to win - and May's - taking the driving seat in a journey she previously declined to support - have no limits.

I will save my opprobrium for Labour till they are running the show - which is by no means guaranteed. After all - everyone *loves* Boris.... he will save the tory day .......

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That may be the case but she is and she is the one that is going to lead us through Brexit. Honest politicians vanished long before Queen Victoria, they now say what suits the agenda and have done for as long as I can remember since before Harold MacMillan

I think she will be gone in a week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How many labour MPs have complained about Corbyn? They don't even want him as leader, but they don't get to choose.

Some kicked off a year ago, but have now disappeared on the back benches, or swallowed their pride. I never expected that insane turnaround in Corbyn's popularity just before the last election. I still don't get it. But nobody in labour wants to argue with it right now. Corbyn has never been much bothered about whether people in his own party agree with him. But he's stamped his authority on his party, and that's that for now. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some kicked off a year ago, but have now disappeared on the back benches, or swallowed their pride. I never expected that insane turnaround in Corbyn's popularity just before the last election. I still don't get it. But nobody in labour wants to argue with it right now. Corbyn has never been much bothered about whether people in his own party agree with him. But he's stamped his authority on his party, and that's that for now. :shrug:
But the point is, if he was leader he'd have even more MPs against him than May does, which makes the number of MPs against May a bit of an irrelevance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But the point is, if he was leader he'd have even more MPs against him than May does, which makes the number of MPs against May a bit of an irrelevance.

Is it? I'm not so sure. If labour do get in, it would be a bit of a farce if, even with a majority of, say, 40, Corbs were stymied by 100 Blairite MPs voting with the blues. I don't see that happening myself, but if it is a commonly anticipated scenario one can hardly blame Corbyn for changing the party rules in his favour (reselection and deselecion etc). Anyway, politics is almost impossible to predict these days. That, and someone will nevertheless make a massive profit spread betting. I Bet [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is on to it :lolol::bigwave:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't even know what's supposed to have been wrong with the conference: Lee Nelson did one of his jokes, and May had a cold. Neither of which are relevant to leadership etc, so what else happened?

The Tory conference was flat and in desperate need of a strong Leaders speech to draw a line under the disappointing election result and refocus the tory troops setting the news agenda. The problems during the speech prevented this from happening and although not her fault play into the narrative that the Tories are in a mess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Tory conference was flat and in desperate need of a strong Leaders speech to draw a line under the disappointing election result and refocus the tory troops setting the news agenda. The problems during the speech prevented this from happening and although not her fault play into the narrative that the Tories are in a mess.
But it's just a narrative I'll ignore. They're not going to call another election, and there's no one who can step up to take her place. Surely we all want the best deal possible for Brexit, so we should just let them get on with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here