Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ticket priority system is not quite fair

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Barber prefers customers to supporters, so the loyalty points system works well for those customers attending the venue on regular basis.

As opposed to the popular alternative system where clubs reward those that haven't bothered going unless it's a London game or if we're in the Premier League.

All that's needed is a polite email to the new CEO reciting when you went to watch the albion some time in 1978, have been an avid fan ever since but haven't actually been home or away since because of needing to put bread on the table, but would like to go watch us play this season, specifically vs Cuntchester United. Or perhaps for the younger generation, an email suggesting that the albion just weren't cool enough to follow until now, but would now love a trip to the bridge to watch their 2nd team in action aswell. Tickets enclosed with best regards.

Meanwhile the lesser fans that have followed the club around the country in the pissing rain since we were at the arse end of D4, they've had their turn right? Why would they go and watch that shite anyway? Time for others who appreciate the game more to take up the mantle.

BaKeRz25

Oct 6, 2017
Bristol
Oh I agree with you Biscuit but I was just thinking that if the fans who have got a lot of loyalty points always get the seats first then when will the people with less get the chance to. Its just an unfortunate situation I guess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there should be a dedicated section away from The Big Board as there are so many threads on the subject.

Will you need a certain amount of points to view it?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Quite its beginning to get really tedious, its the only thing posted about.

And just goes round in circles. At the end of the day, if you don't have enough loyalty points, it's tough shit. You should've gone to Burton and Lincoln etc.

The only thing I feel is unfair about the current system is the CONSECUTIVE season tickets since the Amex. Plenty of people have had a year out for whatever (normally financial) reasons. And although could have been there for 4 years then had a break and got one again, they're way down, and have less points than than someone who jumped on the bandwagon 2 years ago when it looked like we could go up. That's my only gripe.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I understand the system is set up to reward loyalty but some fans just cant 'afford' the loyalty but does that really mean we should be pushed to the bottom of the pecking order. :(

Yes

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Christ how boring, never known such whinging-------the new poster prob Croydon nigel causing trouble

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hello everyone, I finally decided to make an account of this website as I've always been a reader but never much to say until now.

I was born in Brighton but moved to Cornwall when I was young (quite far away) and am now a student in Bristol. This meant that I could finally have a chance to watch the team play as its very difficult for me to get to Brighton (time and money). I saw the Cardiff away game last year which ended goalless but was still so amazing to finally see the lads!

The club is finally in the premier league where they should be and every fan wants to watch them play but the fans who live in Brighton and get to see them every week (or nearly) get priority over the ones who aren't so lucky and only have a chance to watch them when they're away nearby. These people can collect points and buy seasons tickets etc and have an edge over the distant fans who can only get to so many games. For fans like me who really one get that one opportunity when the team is nearby its really disappointing to find out that its sold out before you even had a chance (Swansea away today).

Now it looks like I wont be able to watch the team play at all this season which is so annoying as I just want to see my club playing in the best league in the world. I understand the system is set up to reward loyalty but some fans just cant 'afford' the loyalty but does that really mean we should be pushed to the bottom of the pecking order. :(
You've got two chances to get to Swansea: find a loyalty point "harvester" who will sell you on their ticket; try and buy a ticket for the home seats.

There are lots of us in your situation, you need to be creative and determined if you want tickets!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hello everyone, I finally decided to make an account of this website as I've always been a reader but never much to say until now.

I was born in Brighton but moved to Cornwall when I was young (quite far away) and am now a student in Bristol. This meant that I could finally have a chance to watch the team play as its very difficult for me to get to Brighton (time and money). I saw the Cardiff away game last year which ended goalless but was still so amazing to finally see the lads!

The club is finally in the premier league where they should be and every fan wants to watch them play but the fans who live in Brighton and get to see them every week (or nearly) get priority over the ones who aren't so lucky and only have a chance to watch them when they're away nearby. These people can collect points and buy seasons tickets etc and have an edge over the distant fans who can only get to so many games. For fans like me who really one get that one opportunity when the team is nearby its really disappointing to find out that its sold out before you even had a chance (Swansea away today).

Now it looks like I wont be able to watch the team play at all this season which is so annoying as I just want to see my club playing in the best league in the world. I understand the system is set up to reward loyalty but some fans just cant 'afford' the loyalty but does that really mean we should be pushed to the bottom of the pecking order. :(

Just go to a couple of home games :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Barber prefers customers to supporters, so the loyalty points system works well for those customers attending the venue on regular basis.

why make a stupid point about "customers", doesnt even touch on the problem

For the faraway games... perhaps a small allocation for 'local' fans wouldn't be a bad idea?

where as this would be a practical solution, based on post code for members. also maybe 100 up for a lottery too.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As opposed to the popular alternative system where clubs reward those that haven't bothered going unless it's a London game or if we're in the Premier League..

All that's needed is a polite email to the new CEO reciting when you went to watch the albion some time in 1978, have been an avid fan ever since but haven't actually been home or away since because of needing to put bread on the table, but would like to go watch us play this season, specifically vs Cuntchester United. Or perhaps for the younger generation, an email suggesting that the albion just weren't cool enough to follow until now, but would now love a trip to the bridge to watch their 2nd team in action aswell. Tickets enclosed with best regards.

Meanwhile the lesser fans that have followed the club around the country in the pissing rain since we were at the arse end of D4, they've had their turn right? Why would they go and watch that shite anyway? Time for others who appreciate the game more to take up the mantle.

These loyalty points threads are getting tedious now, I agree. But I still want to point out that your sarcasm is totally misplaced here, because under the current system the club is rewarding those that haven't bothered going away unless its a London game or we're in the premier league.

Those who used to go away frequently but don't have a season-ticket, can't get an away ticket any more. We're disappointed, but sucking it up. We know it will get better. Less of the sarcasm though eh?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
And just goes round in circles. At the end of the day, if you don't have enough loyalty points, it's tough shit. You should've gone to Burton and Lincoln etc.

The only thing I feel is unfair about the current system is the CONSECUTIVE season tickets since the Amex. Plenty of people have had a year out for whatever (normally financial) reasons. And although could have been there for 4 years then had a break and got one again, they're way down, and have less points than than someone who jumped on the bandwagon 2 years ago when it looked like we could go up. That's my only gripe.

Couldnt agree with you more on both points.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

How would going to Burton and Lincoln help? No ST, no priority, even if you went to every away game.

Plus, I imagine its impossible for someone to have given up their season ticket after four years and got one again at the start of last season, the ST queue was a good 5,000 strong at that point.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
As someone also living a fair way from Brighton (Cardiff) I can sympathise with your plight. I am gutted but not surprised that the Swansea game has sold out and will mean that I'll have to go in the home end but, having experienced this at the Hereford game, and occasionally at Ninian Park, I'm sure I'll cope. That said, to be honest I can't see any fairer way of allocating tickets than the one that's currently employed by the Club.

BaKeRz25

Oct 6, 2017
Bristol
You've got two chances to get to Swansea: find a loyalty point "harvester" who will sell you on their ticket; try and buy a ticket for the home seats.

There are lots of us in your situation, you need to be creative and determined if you want tickets!

Thankyou Mackenzie I'll explore those options :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here