Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is this more of your fake news?
A couple of google clicks shows car sales dropping over a number of months, across numerous brands, Europe wide.

http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/

Sorry old bean. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41509191

An upward trend has suddenly halted with a sharp decline. Probably yet another coincidence.

European stats were on last night's newsnight. Get on the iPlayer and enjoy.

Brexit looks like claiming its second Tory leader with calls for a leadership election. One more leader to go until the ultimate leaver Corbyn gets installed as Pm and then look at the carnage that will unfold in this economy. All of this happened because of Brexit but obviously Brexit will be seen as an irrelevance and labour will be blamed for the inevitable crash.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The best weapon against the cockwombles of anti-intellectualism (those that promote the elegance of their own tiny opinion in the face of all evidence) is to use words and sentence constructions that hit them like a gunny sack loaded with house bricks square in the face hole, whil leaving the rest of us with a wry smile. Yes, I am an eletist, but it would be morally wrong not to be.

And I can do 'pompous' too. Maybe later I'll give a demonstration....

:lolol::facepalm::O:shootself

It must be great being an intellect. By the way you may have been pompous spelling pompous right but you spelt while wrong. I don't usually pull people up on spelling or grammer mistakes. It can happen to the best of us,even more so with predictive text. However it seems to be the chosen weapon of the intellectual remainers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Interesting in hindsight to read this article from our new Nobel Prize winner. Written not long after the result was in.

https://www.ft.com/content/7877a0a6-3e11-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

What a twatty sore loser prick,

“little England”
“xenophobia”
“far right”
“neo-nazi racism”
“kick out the migrants”
“hatred of foreigners”
“racists”

Only bigots or dribbling chimps would lap up an article like that,

He is also wilfully stupid in saying few wanted a referendum and its terms were not debated or maybe he is just plain lying because he is one of those arrogant prick types who thinks he is better than others.(he should look into the records of The Referendum Act 2015 and see all aspects of it were discussed and debated)
I can only presume this article of tripe wasn’t in the consideration list for his nobel prize.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry old bean. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41509191

An upward trend has suddenly halted with a sharp decline. Probably yet another coincidence.

European stats were on last night's newsnight. Get on the iPlayer and enjoy.

That link is UK sales, no one is disputing that old bean.
I provided a link which shows declining sales Europe wide,im fairly certain there is currently a confidence issue in the car industry, especially with diesel reflected in lower sales across many brands Europe wide but if you want to say that that websites figures are false and show me figures for increasing car sales, for all brands,Europe wide instead and that its just us declining then im all ears, meanwhile ill let you stay in your fake news bracket as usual.

Brexit looks like claiming its second Tory leader with calls for a leadership election. One more leader to go until the ultimate leaver Corbyn gets installed as Pm and then look at the carnage that will unfold in this economy. All of this happened because of Brexit but obviously Brexit will be seen as an irrelevance and labour will be blamed for the inevitable crash.

It may look it to you, but I guess you are very gullible.
You do know who is one of the lead instigators in the backstabbing campaign don’t you? Ed Vaizey, one of Camerons remain “Notting Hill set” henchmen, the guy that also furiously defended Osbornes rubbish £4300 claim, (and got destroyed by Andrew Neil on it). He is a staunch remainer amongst a small clique of troublemakers, he is simply chancing his political hand.
You really should stop giving yourself so many sleepless nights with worry over Corbyn, you are obsessed with the bloke.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That link is UK sales, no one is disputing that old bean.
I provided a link which shows declining sales Europe wide,im fairly certain there is currently a confidence issue in the car industry, especially with diesel reflected in lower sales across many brands Europe wide but if you want to say that that websites figures are false and show me figures for increasing car sales, for all brands,Europe wide instead and that its just us declining then im all ears, meanwhile ill let you stay in your fake news bracket as usual.

It may look it to you, but I guess you are very gullible.
You do know who is one of the lead instigators in the backstabbing campaign don’t you? Ed Vaizey, one of Camerons remain “Notting Hill set” henchmen, the guy that also furiously defended Osbornes rubbish £4300 claim, (and got destroyed by Andrew Neil on it). He is a staunch remainer amongst a small clique of troublemakers, he is simply chancing his political hand.
You really should stop giving yourself so many sleepless nights with worry over Corbyn, you are obsessed with the bloke.

So have you seen the stats on newsnight that I referenced for other European countries then? Or is some random goodgle link with brand by brand sales what you are after? Isn't it better to look at total sales?

Re second point - let's see how the next few days pan out. The right of the Tory party want her out because they worry she will go soft and the centre folk want her out as they appear to have a grasp of what is happening. As happened last time the Tory party was in government, a row over Europe will lead to a massive labour victory.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Through all this back biting and recrimination, no one seems to be giving any thought to the actual future ( or not ) of the EU. Many people just assume that its here to stay forever, just getting larger and larger, more and more bureaucratic and controlling more and more lives across a massive area.
The warning signs are there. Much of Europe is troubled by the direction this organisation is heading in and the more politics shift to the right, the more that cracks will appear. Merkel has been re-elected but weakened and this is her last term in office. Who knows who will follow her and what their attitude will be. Germany control the EU and call the shots. When they lost the War, they turned their attention to controlling Europe economically rather than politically and they have succeeded. They are the Matriach, trying to keep all the Fledglings under their wing. The EU will rise or fall on the back of Germany.
The EU cannot survive as it stands. It is eating itself from within. It is trying to expand too fast. People are crying out for reform but it won't happen because of the agenda in place. There is too much vested interest at present, too much corruption and too many, more than happy to ride a very comfortable bureaucratic gravy train.
All the people I have spoken to and listened to regarding this ( political and economic historians/scholars ) are united in the belief that the EU is ultimately doomed to failure. They are not sure of the timescale, only that it will happen. Some have said as short as10-12 years, others longer.
This tacit acceptance that it should be part of our lives for evermore is misguided. Study history, study political trends and look beyond political brainwashing. Leading figures within the EU are pushing hard for expansion, despite many colleagues showing reservations. They are on the wrong path and are heading for trouble.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Through all this back biting and recrimination, no one seems to be giving any thought to the actual future ( or not ) of the EU. Many people just assume that its here to stay forever, just getting larger and larger, more and more bureaucratic and controlling more and more lives across a massive area.
The warning signs are there. Much of Europe is troubled by the direction this organisation is heading in and the more politics shift to the right, the more that cracks will appear. Merkel has been re-elected but weakened and this is her last term in office. Who knows who will follow her and what their attitude will be. Germany control the EU and call the shots. When they lost the War, they turned their attention to controlling Europe economically rather than politically and they have succeeded. They are the Matriach, trying to keep all the Fledglings under their wing. The EU will rise or fall on the back of Germany.
The EU cannot survive as it stands. It is eating itself from within. It is trying to expand too fast. People are crying out for reform but it won't happen because of the agenda in place. There is too much vested interest at present, too much corruption and too many, more than happy to ride a very comfortable bureaucratic gravy train.
All the people I have spoken to and listened to regarding this ( political and economic historians/scholars ) are united in the belief that the EU is ultimately doomed to failure. They are not sure of the timescale, only that it will happen. Some have said as short as10-12 years, others longer.
This tacit acceptance that it should be part of our lives for evermore is misguided. Study history, study political trends and look beyond political brainwashing. Leading figures within the EU are pushing hard for expansion, despite many colleagues showing reservations. They are on the wrong path and are heading for trouble.

Spot on.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So have you seen the stats on newsnight that I referenced for other European countries then? Or is some random goodgle link with brand by brand sales what you are after? Isn't it better to look at total sales?

Re second point - let's see how the next few days pan out. The right of the Tory party want her out because they worry she will go soft and the centre folk want her out as they appear to have a grasp of what is happening. As happened last time the Tory party was in government, a row over Europe will lead to a massive labour victory.

You havnt given or referenced any stats, you just referenced a programme, given your flair for fake news i dont trust your vague references.
The link i gave you shows total European sales and you can search by brand or country.......if you think those figures are false from that "random" website then produce your figures that shows they are being misleading and we are the only country in decline re car sales

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What a twatty sore loser prick,

“little England”
“xenophobia”
“far right”
“neo-nazi racism”
“kick out the migrants”
“hatred of foreigners”
“racists”

Only bigots or dribbling chimps would lap up an article like that,

He is also wilfully stupid in saying few wanted a referendum and its terms were not debated or maybe he is just plain lying because he is one of those arrogant prick types who thinks he is better than others.(he should look into the records of The Referendum Act 2015 and see all aspects of it were discussed and debated)
I can only presume this article of tripe wasn’t in the consideration list for his nobel prize.

For me Ishiguro really hit the heights with "Never Let Me Go" definitely ranks up there in my all time favourite novels, plus it was set in Hailsham.

The contrast with your writing based on this post and your over all contributions to NSC is profound.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You havnt given or referenced any stats, you just referenced a programme, given your flair for fake news i dont trust your vague references.
The link i gave you shows total European sales and you can search by brand or country.......if you think those figures are false from that "random" website then produce your figures that shows they are being misleading and we are the only country in decline re car sales

http://www.autonewsdatacenter.com/section/numbers

Quite a few stats on this website indicating that EU sales of cars are increasing (France up, Spain up, Italy up, western Europe up, Germany generally up). German car sales dropped in September but are increasing for the year, other than that seems to be increases everywhere?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
http://www.autonewsdatacenter.com/section/numbers

Quite a few stats on this website indicating that EU sales of cars are increasing (France up, Spain up, Italy up, western Europe up, Germany generally up). German car sales dropped in September but are increasing for the year, other than that seems to be increases everywhere?

You have just sent a link with 3 news stories.
UK sales down
German car sales "predicted" to increase if everything goes to plan
Actual German car sales fall 3%

Edit, my mistake the page didnt load fully

perhaps someone could explain the differences in car sales decline europe wide figures from the other website

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have just sent a link with 3 news stories.
UK sales down
German car sales "predicted" to increase if everything goes to plan
Actual German car sales fall 3%

Care to answer my question from a week ago, or you swerving it?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

The link you provided doesn't include data for the most relevant month. September.

You are sounding as idiotic as trump with constant fake news accusations. He is generally wrong too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here