Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 years of Later with Jools Holland

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I do think the whole show is a bit up it's own arse of performers saying 'look at me', just my personal perspective, always thought it.....
Probably because the artists are under a lot more pressure to raise their game playing directly in front of their peers rather than their own adoring and already converted fans. I reckon it must be more nerve racking. Because of the intimacy of the setting it would make them much more conscious of the scrutiny they are under by the other performers.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Probably because the artists are under a lot more pressure to raise their game playing directly in front of their peers rather than their own adoring and already converted fans. I reckon it must be more nerve racking. Because of the intimacy of the setting it would make them much more conscious of the scrutiny they are under by the other performers.

If you did not watch 25 years of Later, then that is exactly what the artists said.
Anyway, its a tough choice but this is probably my favourite song from the programme, although this is Hootenanny. I mean what other music programme is going to give you this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AuDsOcl_d8&pbjreload=10

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Was that Chris Farlowe singing with Van Morrison?

Yes it was. I knew I recognised his face and then it hit me so I googled it which confirmed it for me. I don't know how I recognised him because I've never been that familiar with Chris Farlowe let alone a 50 years older Chris Farlowe.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Was that Chris Farlowe singing with Van Morrison?

Yes it was. I knew I recognised his face and then it hit me so I googled it which confirmed it for me. I don't know how I recognised him because I've never been that familiar with Chris Farlowe let alone a 50 years older Chris Farlowe.

Ha, 50 years older, I wonder if he's 'Out of Time'. He's playing Henfield Village Hall in February.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the show would have benefited from more Paul Weller and less Foo Fighters

Still one of the few shows that is able to get A list talent to appear from time to time - Paul McCartney, David Gilmour, etc as well as introducing new talent to a wider audience.

Personally still prefer the Bob Harris OGWT years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here