Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off Tomer

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I don't for a second believe anyone at the Albion expects Hemed to become prolific in the PL. Hughton will be hoping for endeavour, tracking back and a general nuisance factor. You can't magically create extra pace or trickery but if Hemed keeps the opposition back four busy and ensures they stay pressed I'm their third, he will at least play a valuable role. Goals will more likely come from the wings, corners (Dunk, Duffy) or from a Stephens/Gross strike. In in ideal world, Hemed would be smashing them in, but the sooner everyone accepts the situation for what it is, perhaps the mood will soon be lifted.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Lets not forget the clamour on here for Lewis Grabban and Jonothan Callieri over the past couple of years. What have they done since then? Two seasons ago Hemed was our top scorer in a season where we weren't promoted on goal difference, we have some real masters of recruitment and retention on this site, thank goodness its only their opinions they espouse and not the clubs money, we'd be bankrupt by now, :ffsparr:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
He is our only fit first team striker, he accepted being second fiddle last season but chipped in with an invalueable goal tally, he never gives u.p, if the ball is bouncing around in the box, he's in with a chance, he's strong, can score from headers and is skilful on the ball. Some on here think he can play against three central defenders on his own and make an impact.

So for all the knockers on here, you need to get real and get behind him, because at the moment he is holding the line for us and bearing a great responsibility. Its apparent he's the only first team striker we have that is fit, we're all in this together (to coin a phrase) so please make the effort to support him as we all try to find out feet in the Premier League. Three points from West brom will be a great start!

Very well said

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Has scored some good goals (Cardiff, Brentford stick out for me)
Always gives 100%
Great penalty taker
First touch has improved significantly in the last year

With a bit more service and some other players within 10-15 yards of him when he gets the ball (a starting Knocky and/or Jose should help) he'll get some goals.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
That's fare enough. It's all about opinions. I predict he won't play 2 more Prem games.

Huge shame that we spent 5m on a sub keeper if that's the case, will be interesting to see it develops but I have a feeling that Hughtons connection with Krull in the past will see him being No.1

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Where's bloody Sam Baldock? Boy needs to decide whether he wants to be injured and at home with a sick note or running defenders ragged. It's a short career. Get on with it lad! These boys are made of paper these days!

If we can get him fit alongside Glenn and Tomer then we'll score a few goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He will score a few. Also let the wingers run at pace at defenders in the box for a pen then up steps one of the best in the world. Happy days. It's easy this managerial stuff

He's not really quick enough to take on Premier League defenders and there were signs last season that the same was beginning to apply to Championship ones also. I hope we haven't missed the boat in getting good money for him, it was fairly obvious the plan by the club was to let him go

Jul 7, 2003
I think that there was a stat shown about Chris Wood being the top goalscorer in the Championship over the last two years which showed that Tomer was fourth on that list. Not bad considering how few games he started last season when we played Murray and Baldock together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here