Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Krul *signed* on season long loan subject to medical

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Because one long term injury and a red card and we'd be in trouble.......

Can't you still bring in an emergency loan GK or has that changed? Plus, is Walton not able to be recalled like last year? I know it's not the same as a GK who's part of the squad, but it's so unlikely - and I can't imagine 3 GK's will rotate reps with the defence that much in training.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because one long term injury and a red card and young Sanchez would be handed a golden opportunity.......

......so I'm in the 'We don't need to fork out for a third GK ' camp - but I think Krul would be closer to first choice than third; competition (at the very least) for Ryan, so it's a thumbs up from me.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've always been a big fan of Tim Krul, he's commanding, he's tall, he's Dutch and he's a left footer. He ticks all the boxes.

He was on loan in Holland last season and he would have been under Hughton at Newcastle, but I think he became number 1 either in the season they sacked Hughton, or the season after. The dreadful Steve Harper was number 1 for the Championship winning season.

Krul would be an excellent signing.

Hughton gave Krul his full debut at Newcastle in August 2009. I'd be delighted with was getting Krul.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't you still bring in an emergency loan GK or has that changed? Plus, is Walton not able to be recalled like last year? I know it's not the same as a GK who's part of the squad, but it's so unlikely - and I can't imagine 3 GK's will rotate reps with the defence that much in training.
We can recall Walton in the January window.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant keeper IMHO, would love this to happen.

Sorted between the sticks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Naylor

BREAKING: Switch to goalkeeper. Reports in north-east re: Tim Krul. Can confirm possible, not definite. There are other options. #bhafc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Admission that Ryan was a mistake? 5m for a keeper doesn't sound like second choice.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would say yes, but dont know why he's played so little in past few seasons. few years back he was one of the best in the Premier league, couldnt get a game in the Championship last year ???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If Krul does half as well as he did a couple seasons ago then Ryan could be 3rd choice pretty soon. Very odd but guess Krul is the gamble and Ryan we think can develop into something just not shown it in games so far (insanely early)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
i would say yes, but dont know why he's played so little in past few seasons. few years back he was one of the best in the Premier league, couldnt get a game in the Championship last year ???

Wages I seem to remember. Fell down the pecking order and was then too expensive for a back-up so they farmed him out. Spent the second half of last season playing for AZ in Holland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here