Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any more comings and goings?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldnt think it is actually him but a loan of a striker in the James Wilson mould. Young inexperienced, quick striker from a top club.
If we get Dwamena we have already filled the young unproven striker role.

Let's not have 2 of them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we get Dwamena we have already filled the young unproven striker role.

Let's not have 2 of them.

My reading of this is that Dwamena is a bigger lump to possibly replace Murray or Hemed with strength and pace as opposed to a nimble support striker in the Baldock mould. Perhaps I am reading this wrong.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My reading of this is that Dwamena is a bigger lump to possibly replace Murray or Hemed with strength and pace as opposed to a nimble support striker in the Baldock mould. Perhaps I am reading this wrong.

you are yes.... watch his highlight reel, certainly not a "Lump"

He is replacing Murray and Hemed but not like them at all really by the looks of it

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wonder whether we were truly in for Zohore. I think one of the work permit criteria is that you need to prove you can't get a similar type player from the EU for a similar price. I find it a bit odd that there are reports we make a high seven figure bid for Zohore (that is pretty pubic for us), turned down by Cardiff (which we knew would happen given noises coming from Warnock et al) and we then announce Dwamena for a reported high seven figure sum a couple of days later (and someone on here suggested it was a done deal before the Zohore bid was made). Naylor then says our interest in Zohore is no more, yet we're still looking for another striker...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I really would have like Zahore, he has a bit of everything for me. And knows English football.

Oh well. I still could see a loan striker coming in, exciting isnt it ? :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder whether we were truly in for Zohore. I think one of the work permit criteria is that you need to prove you can't get a similar type player from the EU for a similar price. I find it a bit odd that there are reports we make a high seven figure bid for Zohore (that is pretty pubic for us), turned down by Cardiff (which we knew would happen given noises coming from Warnock et al) and we then announce Dwamena for a reported high seven figure sum a couple of days later (and someone on here suggested it was a done deal before the Zohore bid was made). Naylor then says our interest in Zohore is no more, yet we're still looking for another striker...
Crafty ! And makes a lot of sense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sounds a good ploy to get the permit.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
True but then why would Hughton have bothered going to Cardiff? I think we may go back for Zohore and I actually think we will get him.

Naylor has said our interest in Zohore has "cooled". That doesn't mean our interest in him is over. I imagine we'll be going back to him nearer the transfer deadline day. Hull made an offer of £8m for him not long ago, so I'm assuming Cardiff are probably holding out for any better offers.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I am really really close to quitting NSC because of all the bed-wettery defeatist shit on here, but then posts like this come along to make one realise why you stay. Insightful, intelligent, thoughtful and providing a completely different take on something.

Might be totally wrong of course, but we're all the better for it :)

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I am really really close to quitting NSC because of all the bed-wettery defeatist shit on here, but then posts like this come along to make one realise why you stay. Insightful, intelligent, thoughtful and providing a completely different take on something.

Might be totally wrong of course, but we're all the better for it :)

Started reading your post and was thinking that I wasn't really being that bed-wettery or defeatist!! Am sure I'm totally wrong but nothing like a bit of a conspiracy theory on a Tuesday morning...

Also, any idea how the hell you edit your post nowadays? I'm not sure our bid for Zohore was particularly 'pubic'...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Can't we just buy Ronaldo and have done with it?

He's way out of our transfer budget. His wages would be impossible for the club to sustain. Also, Ronaldo himself would have no desire in a million years to join us. There is pretty much zero chance of us ever getting him. Of course he would be good enough, but we need to be more realistic with our potential transfer targets.
I like your thinking but it just won't happen I'm afraid.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Started reading your post and was thinking that I wasn't really being that bed-wettery or defeatist!! Am sure I'm totally wrong but nothing like a bit of a conspiracy theory on a Tuesday morning...

Also, any idea how the hell you edit your post nowadays? I'm not sure our bid for Zohore was particularly 'pubic'...

There's only a limited period in which you can edit posts, but ta for giving us dogs a bone :thumbsup:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

I think it was just Hairsay!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here