Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have A Happy What Time Will Leicester Away Sell Out Tomorrow Day

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Anyone else find it unbelievably frustrating that the club can't seem to properly indicate how many tickets have been sold/are left.

In a group with varying loyalty points its difficult to know how long to wait for others with less points. Everybody ends up booking tickets at random times when they panic they may not get any. We sometimes end up with tickets in each block all over the place rather than in a group.

For example there was supposedly 100 left midday yesterday, suddenly 500 left now?

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A lot of people who are so wrapped up in football forget that actually, most people (and this includes the vast majority of the 25,000 that head to the Amex once a month) have no interest in travelling a 320 mile, 6 hour round-trip to a grotty town up North to watch a football match. Only a small percentage of our support go regularly to away games, and people often seem to forget that, and assume there are 20,000 people all trying to get tickets. The people who are usually in the biggest flap about whether they can get an away ticket, are often the people who are almost guaranteed to be able to get them. It's strange.

Likewise those portraying anywhere north of London a shithole, are usually the ones who never bother other than to cross a stand off their list. I would say money and time are by far the bigger reasons that most don't bother.

Your post sounds like you're trying to justify to yourself (badly) why you don't go, having jumped on any opportunity considered relevant to share the excuses with us. I may be wrong, forgive me if I am.

Our away support is growing and I have been trying to build enthusiasm for making the effort with my particular circle of mates for a few years now (lost most of them by the wayside in 2014). Excuses which regularly crop up are "X says the place is a shithole" which never fails to rile me. There are plenty of decent places up North, great countryside, no shortage of watering holes in addition to the 90 mins of football and the added incentive of being in amongst the most passionate support of the football club. There are obviously a few exceptions.

It seems as fast as i'm trying to sell it, others negate it with tales oop north getting shanked in narrow streets and acid rain.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is it possible they are doing it as some way of allocating what they consider better seats first? After all, that is something that has been complained about in the past.

That said, I am still not sure why the can't just put them all on sale with an option to select your preferred seats - it's hardly rocket science is it?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
How many are there of those who have the points but have not purchased a ticket are going to cherry pick the big 7 games.
Bet they are sold out at the 1st limit...rest of us get to go to these games.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
How many are there of those who have the points but have not purchased a ticket are going to cherry pick the big 7 games.

But surely those people have earned the points to allow them to be in the position to do that if they want (which I don't think most would)

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

If you have a high number of loyalty points it'll be because you've done a lot of away games in the past (e.g. I have 292 loyalty points and went to 12 or 13 away games last season). Why is someone like that now going to cherry pick the big 7 and give the rest a miss? Personally having gone to places like Wigan and Preston last year I'm going to try to do as many as possible.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
But surely those people have earned the points to allow them to be in the position to do that if they want (which I don't think most would)

I have friends who have sufficient points just becos they have had a season tkt since day 1 & home cup games only.
Never been to an away game.
I have built up my points going to away games having only been a season ticket holder 4 years.
They have no intention of going to away games still apart from you know who.
See Watford details are out and further higher points date has been allocated.
Shame we have to wait for Leicester game to be played before we get the points.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have friends who have sufficient points just becos they have had a season tkt since day 1 & home cup games only.
Never been to an away game.
I have built up my points going to away games having only been a season ticket holder 4 years.
They have no intention of going to away games still apart from you know who.
See Watford details are out and further higher points date has been allocated.
Shame we have to wait for Leicester game to be played before we get the points.

I would image that Watford has a higher threshold given that it is nearer and historically we have taken more to Watford than Leicester therefore the club are expecting more of the higher band to go.
I would still expect those in the second release will still get a ticket.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Likewise those portraying anywhere north of London a shithole, are usually the ones who never bother other than to cross a stand off their list. I would say money and time are by far the bigger reasons that most don't bother.

Your post sounds like you're trying to justify to yourself (badly) why you don't go, having jumped on any opportunity considered relevant to share the excuses with us. I may be wrong, forgive me if I am.

Our away support is growing and I have been trying to build enthusiasm for making the effort with my particular circle of mates for a few years now (lost most of them by the wayside in 2014). Excuses which regularly crop up are "X says the place is a shithole" which never fails to rile me. There are plenty of decent places up North, great countryside, no shortage of watering holes in addition to the 90 mins of football and the added incentive of being in amongst the most passionate support of the football club. There are obviously a few exceptions.

It seems as fast as i'm trying to sell it, others negate it with tales oop north getting shanked in narrow streets and acid rain.

Haha not quite. I don't go to many away games these days because I've got two young kids, and I'd rather spend the time with them. Trust me, I've done my time in Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Rotherham, Mansfield etc, all the really glamorous places. I'm not trying to justify anything to anyone, least of all myself.

I didn't say anywhere north of London was a shit hole at all, there are loads of nice places up north. Not nice enough for me to ever consider living there though. The South is far nicer, generally.

Apart from anything else, some of my favourite ever away games have been at utter shit holes, you're not going there to sample the culture, after all, you're going there to go to the pub and watch football.

But my point still stands- most of the people who go to the Amex aren't interested in going to away games. Same as when we were at the Goldstone. Most people don't have the time, money or inclination. There is nowhere near as much competition for tickets as people think- I notice Leicester tickets still haven't sold out, what a surprise.

This is my 28th season watching the Albion, and so far I have never not gone to a game through not being able to get a ticket. That will probably change a bit this year as there might be a bit more interest, but away allocations are generally higher in the Premier League, so it will probably even itself out.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I notice Leicester tickets still haven't sold out, what a surprise.

So has it sold out yet?

More or less everyone in wave 1&2 that wants to go has a ticket, but for some reason this particular wave is open for 5 days (3 remaining).

It's pointless to say it still hasn't sold out yet when it's still on the same points threshold and will be for 3 more days, opening to STH on Tuesday and Members with 12+ points on Thursday. I would suspect there are quite a number of fans wanting to start building their points totals that are currently unable to do so. I don't expect it will sell out until it reaches Members only though.

Bearing in mind turnouts are historically reduced in August for many reasons, I'd say it's selling pretty well thus far.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The scaremongering is legendary.

Feel free to bump this and punish me accordingly but this WILL NOT sell out tomorrow, nor next week. It will still be available when it's offered to non season ticket holders. It may not even sell out. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it probably won't sell out!

Well you did ask for it. :salute:

And for the sake of fairness:

I don't expect it will sell out until it reaches Members only though.

Bearing in mind turnouts are historically reduced in August for many reasons, I'd say it's selling pretty well thus far.

Both wrong it seems. Sold out to STH, other than 2x Wheelchair User seats. Shame as I thought non-STH would get a look-in on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here