Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monaco Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton out in Q2 and currently starting 14th. Car looked a real handful, looks like Vettel will be stretching his Championship lead. Bottas in the top 10 so Hamilton out qualified by his team mate for the second race in three.

Likely to be a fecking dull race as always as overtaking is almost impossible. All about the glamour and bling whilst watching an F1 crocodile.

Come on Kimi!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesnt the man in pole usuually win in Monaco as there are very few places to overtake. It looks like 0 poi nts ffor LH .

And that is what he would deserve on his performance in qualifying. It used to be he had a couple of "off" races a year, they seem to becoming more regular these days. Bottas is looking like he could upstage Hamilton this season. Rosberg was always the inferior driver to Hamilton, not sure that Bottas is. Maybe the "gangster" lifestyle is affecting on track desire.

Hamilton's rather childish petulance in the post qualifying interview was a bit cringeworthy. He needs to accept that he ****ed up and admit it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Doesnt the man in pole usuually win in Monaco as there are very few places to overtake. It looks like 0 poi nts ffor LH .

Not if he smashes into the barriers he doesn't.
But I think you are right, on most occasions I think they do but I am not a huge fan so I have no stats.
Monaco is more about driving at high speed around the streets without crashing, not easy that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
More fun playing this tbf.
speedway.png

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Monaco GP has to be the dullest race of the season, and that is up against some pretty stiff competition in F1 these days.

I will watch the first lap, maybe the second if I've really got nothing else to do, then move on, fairly confident I know the result.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Lewis Hamilton 13th on grid.

Looking forward to this and see how far he can get to the top places.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'm hoping for a pile up and some changeable weather as Sky have just said that only one over take took place last year. I'm still looking forward to watching, ever the optimist.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's a rather unfortunate way to park the car

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
For a hi-tech machine it's strange to see what is effectively a scaffold board on the bottom of the car.

For a hi-tech machine it's strange to see what is effectively a scaffold board on the bottom of the car.
The skid board is there to stop teams from running too low a car. If memory serves, it was introduced shortly after Senna's crash.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The skid board is there to stop teams from running too low a car. If memory serves, it was introduced shortly after Senna's crash.

I know what it is but to see the thing (that's made of wood) looks so out of kilter with the rest of the material of the body and chassis.

Yeah I know what you mean, it does look out of place surrounded by all that carbon fibre.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here