Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French Election - Hope wins over hate

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The 1958 cod war was between just Iceland and the UK, nothing to do with the EU and nothing to do with quotas. It was purely down to disputed territorial waters. Britain gave up its first huge concession in the 70s only just before joining the common market because it was a condition of entry by the other members who wanted a slice of the richest fishing waters in Europe.

Maritime boundaries in Europe are now pretty much agreed upon and the UK will have the final word on who fishes within it and how much they will be allowed to catch. I know it's become a cliche but that really is an example of taking back control.

If the Cornish economy booms on the back of a fishy bonanza, I'll salute you on this. I'm not holding my breath, though.

ATB :cheers:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Macron wins

The sort of moderate, yet progressive leader we can only dream of in this country

19 months on, in the real world of Macron having to make the harsh decisions when in power, it’s not going to plan. Lesson - don’t put politicians on a pedestal prematurely, when they haven’t done anything. Especially in a very divided nation such as France, with huge and endemic structural problems. They are NOT the economic miracle that is Germany.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46499996

77B74EF7-0C1A-4602-AA8B-7E20147D93BB.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Here's hoping, I have some bottles but the price of petrol is prohibitive, also our Tory twunt mp lives In a different time zone. I wouldn't waste either commodity on good people.

I do think Britain could learn a few things from the French. 4 weeks of rioting and the government might listen.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
And what would've happened if Le Penn had won? You'd see this level of disorder certainly, but much more spread out in the form of attacks on migrants and those not of ethnic French origin, before a race riot would inevitably occur. Macron hasn't been good but the alternative would've been a lot worse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you condoning rioting?

You can’t deny authorities listen when there’s direct action....if anyone, Brighton supporters know this.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
And what would've happened if Le Penn had won? You'd see this level of disorder certainly, but much more spread out in the form of attacks on migrants and those not of ethnic French origin, before a race riot would inevitably occur. Macron hasn't been good but the alternative would've been a lot worse.

Bit like this country.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here