Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Buckley

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
… scored for Bolton today. Had high hopes for him. I guess he was too injury prone.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He'll always be an Albion legend for the equaliser and winner against Donny.

I also remember him tormenting Dan Harding against Forest at the Amex, if I remember rightly Harding had to be subbed before half-time as he was already on a yellow and was regularly being turned inside out by Buckley.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He'll always be an Albion legend for the equaliser and winner against Donny.

I also remember him tormenting Dan Harding against Forest at the Amex, if I remember rightly Harding had to be subbed before half-time as he was already on a yellow and was regularly being turned inside out by Buckley.

Wasn't that when Harding played for Saints and we beat them 3.0

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Richie Towell scored Rotherham's goal today as well. Not sure if he is still on Albion's books.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And Paddy McCourt played his last game today...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tomori also bagged his second of the season - own goal that is.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Loved Buckley, remember his dad messaging me and meeting me at the turnstiles at Huddersfield, funnily enough, because he'd read I was planning to take my lad to the game on NSC and had two spare tickets. We won two nil and Will got a brace.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It shows what a long way we've come in just a few years.

Buckley was one of our best players, as were Noone and Bridcutt. We sold them all for tidy sums to sustain our Championship finances.

Never were any of them Premier League quality players though. Never would they be.

When you compare them to what we have now, Knockhaert, Kayal, Izquierdo.. the gulf in quality is huge.

Even if we did go down, if we could keep the players that we have now, we'd be immediate favourites to come back up.

Not sure Bridcutt couldn’t have made an impression if he had had some sort of stability with us for these missingvseasons. He was the best midfielder with Jedinak in the championship in that season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here