Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Tales from ESU

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree with the complainant, I bet all that coughing woke loads of people up, not fair after the team tried so hard to put us all to sleep.

Barber out!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dont know how to explain this humorous incident......

One chap had a a bad cough all first half.....oldish chap in the row in front complained that ' he and his wife was being coughed on' he said the guy with the cough did not cover his mouth!!! ( He did ) How he could see this if he was watching the game and not looking behind him I dont know....anyway at half time the complaining man was not happy being told to sit down and off he went to get a steward.( was it a racist, homophobic or hate cough?).....a steward appeared and basically told complaining man ' there's a lot of it about' its winter and people are coughing....

Complaining man then argued that people with coughs should not go outside the house.......!!!!

Steward as good as said ' get a life ' and turned to go.....Just as complaining man opened his bag and tried to pour a hot drink from a flask....!!!

Flask then confiscated by steward as we all know the rules.

You really could not make it up........

Sounds very similar to what's been going on at the Copa Libertadores final over the weekend.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ESL : Man in my row usually comes with his Mrs and two teenage kids. Mr & Mrs wear high-end Rolexes, all wear £1,000 coats (even the kids), all never smile, cheer or clap apart from when we score and they all do a Henman style fist-pump, but otherwise they thoroughly look like they'd rather be elsewhere.

They arrived and sat down yesterday on about 8 minutes, left to go to the concourse on 40 minutes, arrived back at their seats at 50 minutes, then left bang on 80 minutes. They do this most games, and it gets right on my tits as I'm constantly standing up to let their miserable faces file past.

I get the distinct feeling they were only there so they can say they were because they can afford to do so. Makes me a bit sad that people do this.

It's not a story - more of a gripe, but I feel better now :D

I think this should be one of the answers to the question on another thread about what sort of people make up the fans at games these days. Sadly this is where it's going, and the reality is they'll be no sign of them and many many others when times are tough. We are not building a fanbase here that will still keep coming if we find ourselves back in The Championship one day - and it will happen at some point.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We in the ESU are a hardy bunch, we can withstand the odd cough and have even turned a blind eye when a criminal has opened his / her flask. But what we won't stand for is people making a noise, The ESU, or East Stand Library as we jokingly refer to it, has standards, coughing is fine, leaving on 85 is almost obligatory and whether's originals are our sweet of choice ... don't mess with us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here