Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Beginning to agree with Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All very interesting stuff [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I do sometimes wonder if running this site is going to become more hassle than it’s worth. It does seem to be more than just a hobby. My world would be a sadder place without NSC, which is actually a little worrying and sad in itself! :smile:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All very interesting stuff [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I do sometimes wonder if running this site is going to become more hassle than it’s worth. It does seem to be more than just a hobby. My world would be a sadder place without NSC, which is actually a little worrying and sad in itself! :smile:

By and large, it's not a huge amount of hassle these days. Trying to think back to the most recent incidents, the two that spring to mind are:

- Recently departed poster reporting NSC to the ICO in relation to "right to be forgotten" and GDPR, even though I had committed to fully remove all data per the request well within the timescales demanded (and something I've always done since before GDPR).

- Being reported to the ASA by an anonymous user (if you're reading: thanks for that!) in relation to the Profit Squad sponsored sticky on the site. Being involved in their subsequent investigation took a huge amount of my time.

I enjoy using NSC as much as many others and I drift in and out based on other demands on my time and my Albion mojo, and I intend to keep running it until such time as there aren't enough people using it to keep on bothering. Traffic HAS fallen back - these are page view stats for the past few years:

2011 - 44,800,000
2012 - 45,500,000
2013 - 45,700,000
2014 - 46,400,000
2015 - 35,600,000
2016 - 36,900,000
2017 - 39.300,000
2018 - 35,000,000 (est)

I don't monitor this stuff at all from day to day or even month to month, so I don't know what happened from 2014 to 2015 - this is the first time I've noticed that when getting these numbers. Was it the Sami Hyppia effect, or was that when social media really took off and folk took to twitter and Facebook for some/all of their Albion chatter? I really don't know.

Football is one of the few niches that still seem to thrive on old-tech forums, so who knows how long things will run for...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By and large, it's not a huge amount of hassle these days. Trying to think back to the most recent incidents, the two that spring to mind are:

- Recently departed poster reporting NSC to the ICO in relation to "right to be forgotten" and GDPR, even though I had committed to fully remove all data per the request well within the timescales demanded (and something I've always done since before GDPR).

- Being reported to the ASA by an anonymous user (if you're reading: thanks for that!) in relation to the Profit Squad sponsored sticky on the site. Being involved in their subsequent investigation took a huge amount of my time.

I enjoy using NSC as much as many others and I drift in and out based on other demands on my time and my Albion mojo, and I intend to keep running it until such time as there aren't enough people using it to keep on bothering. Traffic HAS fallen back - these are page view stats for the past few years:

2011 - 44,800,000
2012 - 45,500,000
2013 - 45,700,000
2014 - 46,400,000
2015 - 35,600,000
2016 - 36,900,000
2017 - 39.300,000
2018 - 35,000,000 (est)

I don't monitor this stuff at all from day to day or even month to month, so I don't know what happened from 2014 to 2015 - this is the first time I've noticed that when getting these numbers. Was it the Sami Hyppia effect, or was that when social media really took off and folk took to twitter and Facebook for some/all of their Albion chatter? I really don't know.

Football is one of the few niches that still seem to thrive on old-tech forums, so who knows how long things will run for...

Blimey I didnt know 'it' did that what a ****...and I'm with Icy..plus I'll add that the Mods have a thankless task

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
North Stand Korea is a brilliant concept, clearly time to rename the site, replace the Seagull with a Winged Kim-Jong-un and strapline with Were Win. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Given the absolute state of the Facebook groups (notable exception to the Albion Roar) I hope it's a very long time indeed. Looking at them for more than a minute makes me fear for the human race.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
North Stand Korea is a brilliant concept, clearly time to rename the site, replace the Seagull with a Winged Kim-Jong-un and strapline with Were Win. :thumbsup:

Problem being that at the NSK Moderators Golf day, everyone will be posting scores of 18!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
All very interesting stuff [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I do sometimes wonder if running this site is going to become more hassle than it’s worth. It does seem to be more than just a hobby.

Don't believe a word of it.

When Elon Musk isn't smoking marijuana with Joe Rogan, he's drinking champagne out of his shoe with Bozza. :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just been PMed to be told that elsewhere in Palace-messageboard-land recently I have been called a paedophile because I like to go to Orlando and Disney World.

It seems that as a Dad who goes to Florida with my kids and I've tried to give tips to other Dads planning a holiday with their families is conclusive evidence of this.

So some of them make anonymous threats to my son, and others seem to think I'm after other people's children.

There's not enough hours in the day...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've just been PMed to be told that elsewhere in Palace-messageboard-land recently I have been called a paedophile because I like to go to Orlando and Disney World.

It seems that as a Dad who goes to Florida with my kids and I've tried to give tips to other Dads planning a holiday with their families is conclusive evidence of this.

So some of them make anonymous threats to my son, and others seem to think I'm after other people's children.

Good grief. That goes beyond any football rivalry. I believe you told the police about the threat to your son.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This forum is nicknamed North Stand Korea on the Palace forum, due to the gypsies belief that discussion is not allowed. I think that they are talking boxxocks, as Bozza allows all and sundry on here without the need for an 'away end'. Well done so far sir.

On the other hand I have seen a change on this forum which will lead to its demise, it is getting dull. Some years ago we had a thread which entertained the football forum nation (Jamie), now we see a thread moved to the 'other stuff' because a couple of people MAY be offended, or upset, or a little too sensitive, call it what you will.The OP is a respected member of NSC, he means no ill, in fact the post has now been accepted as humour even if not liked by all.

But what happens next? Moved to the 'Other Stuff', the polite equivalent of 'closed'. Shame on you Mods, even if it includes EP, the dumbing down of society continues to gather pace,.

If you don't like it, **** off. Ha ha! ****. ****.

Only bantz :rave:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This forum is nicknamed North Stand Korea on the Palace forum, due to the gypsies belief that discussion is not allowed. I think that they are talking boxxocks, as Bozza allows all and sundry on here without the need for an 'away end'. Well done so far sir.

On the other hand I have seen a change on this forum which will lead to its demise, it is getting dull. Some years ago we had a thread which entertained the football forum nation (Jamie), now we see a thread moved to the 'other stuff' because a couple of people MAY be offended, or upset, or a little too sensitive, call it what you will.The OP is a respected member of NSC, he means no ill, in fact the post has now been accepted as humour even if not liked by all.

But what happens next? Moved to the 'Other Stuff', the polite equivalent of 'closed'. Shame on you Mods, even if it includes EP, the dumbing down of society continues to gather pace,.

If Palace fans don't like it, they don't have to come on here. It's quite simple, but apparently not simple enough for dozens of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And some idiot starts a thread about NSC not being old skool enough.

Give me strength.

All power to you, my old, and stick to your guns.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NorthStandKorea might be apt.
It would seem this place is making people stay despite it not being enjoyable.

Like Royston Vasey, you'll never leave

league-of-gentlemen-main-2.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

Give an utter moron a computer or smartphone, an internet connection or a signal, and a level of anonymity - and what can ensue is remarkable. That very same person stood in front of you would wilt like a nine week old bunch of daffodils and mumble shite whilst looking at the floor..

Running a forum is a thankless task on the whole and not many people realise how much time and effort goes into it (I run one myself, so I know). So from me. Thank You - and Bozza, rise above the fecktards. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And some idiot starts a thread about NSC not being old skool enough.

Give me strength.

All power to you, my old, and stick to your guns.

If I wanted everything to stay as it was in less enlighten times, I'd move to Australia as well.

Boom :lol:

Only bantz :rave:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Yeh but this trend began years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here