Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
OK I'm looking at myself and yes I am fucced off with the result but the performance, no absolutely not. I thought we were pretty damn good.

i agree , chelsea probably deserved the win but it wasnt a 4-0 defeat if you know what i mean

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He just witnessed something special happen for his son. Yeah, he should have turned his back in shame.

I don't know how much more simple we have to make this. Before the game, the lad knocked up a poster asking a Chelsea player for his shirt. He could have got one asking Dunk, Duffy or Murray for a shirt but he chose Hazard. This was very pre-meditated, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing during the match. It shows exactly where that kid's allegiance is.

That's entirely that kid's prerogative but if you're a Chelsea fan rather than a Brighton fan then go in the away end and cheer them on. I don't blame the kid, I blame the parent. The parent is taking the piss out of all the other Brighton fans around him by doing this in the Brighton end. It really is that simple.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I don't know how much more simple we have to make this. Before the game, the lad knocked up a poster asking a Chelsea player for his shirt. He could have got one asking Dunk, Duffy or Murray for a shirt but he chose Hazard. This was very pre-meditated, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing during the match. It shows exactly where that kid's allegiance is.

That's entirely that kid's prerogative but if you're a Chelsea fan rather than a Brighton fan then go in the away end and cheer them on. I don't blame the kid, I blame the parent. The parent is taking the piss out of all the other Brighton fans around him by doing this in the Brighton end. It really is that simple.

I get all that. It shouldn't have happened. I've never been involved in anything to give my lad something like that. If I could, I would and if it resulted in some bleating then diddums.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
have to say, i did think that it was class of hazard to give the kid his shirt, so i clapped him for that nice gesture, that, and the fact that he was the most classy player on the pitch. saw on twitter from someone who claimed to know them that those people who got the shirt are actually Chelsea fans, so no surprises there. reckoned there'd be a fair few away fans in the stand, who probably went to one game last season when we were on our way up and could bring some merchandise they had got at those games to try and blend in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I get all that. It shouldn't have happened. I've never been involved in anything to give my lad something like that. If I could, I would and if it resulted in some bleating then diddums.

'sake. What's happened to our fans?

My two lads went through huge amounts of piss-taking and bullying at school by kids who supported the big teams and ripped the piss out of my 2 for supporting Brighton in League 1. They held their heads high throughout, unlike all their friends they watched their team play week in and week out and the only football shirts they've ever wanted were BHA ones. I'm immensely proud of them for that, I can't tell you how much that means to me.

If either of them pulled a stunt like this it would genuinely break my heart because it means that they haven't grown to love our club like I have and all my mates have.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

My two lads went through huge amounts of piss-taking and bullying at school by kids who supported the big teams and ripped the piss out of my 2 for supporting Brighton in League 1. They held their heads high throughout, unlike all their friends they watched their team play week in and week out and the only football shirts they've ever wanted were BHA ones. I'm immensely proud of them for that, I can't tell you how much that means to me.

If either of them pulled a stunt like this it would genuinely break my heart because it means that they haven't grown to love our club like I have and all my mates have.

Same thing that's happened to fans of many clubs I guess.

Being distant from Brighton my lad took a bit of teasing for supporting a lower league club but he was ready to counter that with pointing out that he actually went to matches. Most of them other kids may not have had dad's with a team to guide them so took the safe way of supporting the successful top flight club.

Today's events were tacky, no question but the kid went home beaming. He should have been encouraged to put an Albion player's name on his sheet really. Its Hazard's fault, anyway. He should have just gone off. Now loads of kids are going to copy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
to be fair we're not far off that scenario , the demographics of our support is cringe worthy at the moment , people turning up who wouldn't have given the club a second look a few years back , plenty of real Albion fans giving the Amex a swerve because of all this you can only stomach so much, probably get slated for this but hey ho that's the way I see it
regards
DR

No real Albion fan would give the Amex a swerve because of the demographics of other home fans. That would be pathetic. Sorry.

Congrats, however, on your longest ever post. Although....odd to see what execises you. <shrug>

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I just don’t understand how a genuine Brighton fan can look that happy straight after being stuffed at home?

They couldn’t. Simple.

We learnt from the Palace cup game what our new found ‘support’ is really about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Seriously? At the end, so called Brighton fans jizzing themselves over Eden Hazard, makes me feel sick. The father of the kid who got his shirt should be banned for that

Welcome to football, was this your first game?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It was very cringey. The Dad really should be ashamed of himself.

I just don’t understand how a genuine Brighton fan can look that happy straight after being stuffed at home?

This is what really irritated me, the oldish man and woman clapping and smiling and shouting “well done Eden” with their blue and white Brighton scarves around their necks. Where were they away at Chesterfield and Carlisle amongst others less than 10 years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is what really irritated me, the oldish man and woman clapping and smiling and shouting “well done Eden” with their blue and white Brighton scarves around their necks. Where were they away at Chesterfield and Carlisle amongst others less than 10 years ago.

Don't over egg the pudding. You're starting to sound like I'm a better fan than anyone else"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Football is a partisan sport. If you want to applaud the opposition then off you fvck to the rugger or cricket. This is frankly embarrassing.

I mean, I get it. I've had the lecture. We need these people because they pay the wages of our amazing players and finance our success. Only that's bollocks. What they do is poison the atmosphere to the point where we're practically making the opposition a nice cup of tea and drawing them a route map to the goal.

STOP swapping shirts. STOP taking selfies. Kick the opposition on the pitch . Boo and whistle them off it. And get behind our lot. Our support was utterly pathetic today and this is just one of many embarrassing examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

My two lads went through huge amounts of piss-taking and bullying at school by kids who supported the big teams and ripped the piss out of my 2 for supporting Brighton in League 1.
Do kids really do that to those's that support there home town team?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Football is a partisan sport. If you want to applaud the opposition then off you fvck to the rugger or cricket. This is frankly embarrassing.

I mean, I get it. I've had the lecture. We need these people because they pay the wages of our amazing players and finance our success. Only that's bollocks. What they do is poison the atmosphere to the point where we're practically making the opposition a nice cup of tea and drawing them a route map to the goal.

STOP swapping shirts. STOP taking selfies. Kick the opposition on the pitch . Boo and whistle them off it. And get behind our lot. Our support was utterly pathetic today and this is just one of many embarrassing examples.

All of this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here