Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just popped back to say,as a Leaver i fully accept the supreme courts ruling,i totally am not happy about it,BUT,ii a strange way i also am kind of pleased about it for it is the correct way to go about things logically speaking-UNLIKE remain i will have no further comment to make on it,other than to say Brexit WILL be delivered,be it by a 2nd referendum,OR a vote in the houses of parliament,if it does not go through,then i shall have to select a party UKIP that WILL deliver the result the MAJORITY voted for last June.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I know I shouldn't be watching Pointless but I just noticed that a third of the great British public apparently don't know what Europe's common currency is called. Depressing in the circumstances.

:lolol:
they were asked what was the new multinational currency introduced in 2002 ,not what was the name of Europe's common currency.......but well done for misquoting yet again in order to make people look stupid.

and whats wrong with watching pointless? :shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
See my comments above.

Look forward to a great deal with the free trade Yanks, though they can keep their sh1t food and cars

Well, sorry but your comments are wrong - Remainers predicted an immediate recession following the vote and an emergency budget. None of this happened. We aren't negotiating with 27 different countries but with one body led by Michel Barnier. Any negotiations will have to be ratified by all 27 countries but the negotiations are with a single team.

And your last comment about New Zealand is laughable! I know you're trying your hardest to talk down UK prospects but it takes a very special kind of doom-mongering to pretend that it's only very small countries that will offer quick deals when not 15 minutes ago you and I were discussing the fact that the world's largest economy is offering a super swift trade deal and favourable nation-status.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
:lolol:
they were asked what was the new multinational currency introduced in 2002 ,not what was the name of Europe's common currency.......but well done for misquoting yet again in order to make people look stupid.

and whats wrong with watching pointless? :shrug:
Poor. If people didn't realise that the description 'a multinational currency introduced in 2002' was a reference to the Euro then they are even less informed than I thought.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
See my comments above.

Look forward to a great deal with the free trade Yanks, though they can keep their sh1t food and cars

your comments only prove the point that you insist on the negative.

whats not to look forward to with free trade with the US? they are our largest single trading partner nation, so that trade would stand to improve by a margin. we'd be able to import more cheaply many goods they make, and our consumers want. you dont have to eat their shitty food if you dont want to, just as you dont have to eat the produce of Poland or Hungary that might not appeal to you. you can already buy their food and cars, and microchips, and phones and drugs, they just const more than they'd need to if tariffs went.

i dont understand the view that an agreement would only favour the US, if it did why would we agree to it? i dont know where you might have got the impression from that trade agreements are not in our interests...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Poor. If people didn't realise that the description 'a multinational currency introduced in 2002' was a reference to the Euro then they are even less informed than I thought.

at least you got the question that was asked correct this time.
things are looking up.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
your comments only prove the point that you insist on the negative.

whats not to look forward to with free trade with the US? they are our largest single trading partner nation, so that trade would stand to improve by a margin. we'd be able to import more cheaply many goods they make, and our consumers want. you dont have to eat their shitty food if you dont want to, just as you dont have to eat the produce of Poland or Hungary that might not appeal to you. you can already buy their food and cars, and microchips, and phones and drugs, they just const more than they'd need to if tariffs went.

i dont understand the view that an agreement would only favour the US, if it did why would we agree to it? i dont know where you might have got the impression from that trade agreements are not in our interests...

From my experience of dealing with Americans in business they usual do what's good for them, you heard it "America First". I guess we are white though, should help...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Here we go again. Remoaner complaining the Leave is the domain of frothing at the mouth dimwits. Any wonder that even many who voted to remain are now hoping these remoaners will shut up and get on with lifw outside the EU.

I accept that we are leaving the EU I get it but I want my views taken into account

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
From my experience of dealing with Americans in business they usual do what's good for them,

all nations do whats good for them and in their interests. the whole european project is built upon whats in the interests of the major sponsors. its quite possible for argeements between countries to be mutually beneficial, or are you saying thats not possible, and only the dominant, larger partner wins in the arrangment?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i dont understand the view that an agreement would only favour the US, if it did why would we agree to it?

Desperation? As much as I like the US I feel a bit uneasy jumping into bed so quickly with Trump.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Think few really appreciate what Gina Miller has done,

I appreciate what she has done
Confirmed Scotland, Wales and N Ireland cant stop Brexit.
Confirmed Article 50 is irrevesable.
Does she actually work for Tess?

CONKIP loose their appeal in the Supreme Court, its a reminder to them we live in a sovereign democracy, not a dictatorship

Hmmmm at what point was it you got really angry and lost all sense of perspective and decided to go down the CONKIP route to show you had no understanding of which political groups voted for brexit just to add to your snowflake hissy fit?
Was it when the vote was announced,was that the trigger? Or was it later when you thought the vote could be overturned, then realised it couldnt or was it when your heart broke and you realised no matter how much bullcrap you invented we were still leaving The EU and invoking Article 50 is irreversible.

Was it when you worked out the irony of you suddenly believing in the idea of sovereign democracy even though we have handed over sovereignty to Brussels for decades and you lot never raised an eyebrow.
Utter hypocrites .

Miller should be made Briton of the decade.

Briton of the decade?....you silly sausage, she isnt even British.
If the Queen is German how can Miller be British.

(rules according to anti monarchist dipturds)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Especially on the first date! Still as long as he takes his socks off and doesn't wipe his todger on the curtains! :thumbsup:

Will he grab May "by the pussy?"

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Will he grab May "by the pussy?"

1200x628xtrump-and-cat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BIQ_tW0jKi.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here