Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Private seat license

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
these can be openly traded on yourself and then the club is contacted with the new owner details. Or you can use the website to trade them on to the waiting list

According to the leaflet "Your seat your stadium for life" sent to people inviting them to a presentation, it states " By purchasing a PSL the rights to that seat becomes yours for the life of the stadium - provided you renew your season ticket each year - but most importantly it allows you to pass it on or bequeath it to family and friends in years to come. It also provides holders with a proper mechanism for the legal trading of season tickets between other supporters ..........The club will launch a special trading web page where PSL holders who wish to trade their seats can list them for sale at any time at any price they want".

Can you say with your connections, assuming the season ticket is a swipe plastic card (with or without a cash credit on it for a poetential cashless Amex stadium), you can only legally trade your season ticket for a single game on the clubs web page, if you have a PSL? This would allow the club to disable your own swipe card for the game in question, and issue a new swipe card to the person you have traded your ticket to for a small transaction fee (hopefully without the cash credit on the card)?

If someone just loans, or hands over their season ticket swipe plastic card for a single game and for a payment in a private transcation (that could be illegal under the ticket terms and conditions), presumably the STH has to rely on the plastic card being handed back for the next game?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well all that she has said has been on here before. So no new information...so far

The 1,000 seats being kept back in the WSL nearest the north stand for match-by-match sales was news to me - I didn't know it was specifically going to be this area.

Mind you, I didn't even know carers go free at Withdean so maybe I'm not particularly in the loop with this stuff.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
A

Can you say with your connections, assuming the season ticket is a swipe plastic card (with or without a cash credit on it for a poetential cashless Amex stadium), you can only legally trade your season ticket for a single game on the clubs web page, if you have a PSL? This would allow the club to disable your own swipe card for the game in question, and issue a new swipe card to the person you have traded your ticket to for a small transaction fee (hopefully without the cash credit on the card)?

Yes. That is what will happen. If the person buying the ticket is a first timer they will get a paper ticket and a swipe card will be issued shortly thereafter. If they already have a swipe card then the ticket gets cancelled on yours and transferred to theirs. Info from Ken Brown/Martin Perry at club forums

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Yes. That is what will happen. If the person buying the ticket is a first timer they will get a paper ticket and a swipe card will be issued shortly thereafter. If they already have a swipe card then the ticket gets cancelled on yours and transferred to theirs. Info from Ken Brown/Martin Perry at club forums

I agree that is what will happen if you permanently transfer your season ticket. What happens though if you just want to sell your ticket on for the one game that you can't make?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The 1,000 seats being kept back in the WSL nearest the north stand for match-by-match sales was news to me - I didn't know it was specifically going to be this area.

Mind you, I didn't even know carers go free at Withdean so maybe I'm not particularly in the loop with this stuff.

Fair play. The WSL North hold back was mentioned at a presentation I attended. I think I also read it on here somewhere.

We need an Amex wiki with all the info in one place!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For the odd game, the club are organising a ticket exchange I gather (whether its a PSL seat or not will make no difference)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
its a non restricted stadium so there wouldn't be any viewing problems. There is one block in the lower west on the wing closest to the North stand that has kept back 1000 seats for match by match sales

Is that right? My understanding was that the 1000 tickets being held back were for a wing in the east stand closest to the South stand to facilitate providing away clubs with a larger allocation as per the rules in the cup competitions. It would not make sense to have away fans in the south and then another section next to the north stand in the west lower. Or does this mean there will be two areas on a match by match basis?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club has got so much right in the last few years, but on this one they have got it badly WRONG and should bin the entire concept. There is no real value in a PSL unless the club has increased its ground capacity to 30k+ and we are selling out every single week. Then if you had one you "might" be able to sell for a profit.

Around about now then?

(I was just trying to find if PSLs have the same right to transfer a ticket match by match as a 1901er does)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Around about now then?

(I was just trying to find if PSLs have the same right to transfer a ticket match by match as a 1901er does)
I would assume not. The below surely refers to the whole ST being sold on...?

According to the leaflet "Your seat your stadium for life" sent to people inviting them to a presentation, it states " By purchasing a PSL the rights to that seat becomes yours for the life of the stadium - provided you renew your season ticket each year - but most importantly it allows you to pass it on or bequeath it to family and friends in years to come. It also provides holders with a proper mechanism for the legal trading of season tickets between other supporters ..........The club will launch a special trading web page where PSL holders who wish to trade their seats can list them for sale at any time at any price they want".

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Around about now then?

Did the PSL scheme take off? When I purchased my season ticket at the open day I was sold the idea of a PSL by an ( Australian? ) chap. I noticed after a couple of my season ticket payments were taken that the cost of my PSL had not been taken. When I contacted the club I was told that the PSL membership was not as popular as they thought and that they had not started the scheme.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Indeed it does, and I knew that bit.

But I couldn't recall whether the PSL comes with built-in match-by-match transferability. I've found nothing to suggest it does.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

But I couldn't recall whether the PSL comes with built-in match-by-match transferability. I've found nothing to suggest it does.

Fair enough - then my response to Attila on the other thread was wrong... lucky I caveated it...!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Apologies for not knowing the facts either but my brothers both have PSLs in the North Stand and read something from the club this summer that gave them the impression they could ‘legally’ pass on their ticket to friends and family. Unfortunately, I can’t recall the exact source but think it was something written on club website.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'd also take that seat-for-life bit with a pinch of salt. 1901ers are not guaranteed their seats for European games, should we qualify, and my wheelchair bound father was turfed out of his space to add more seats to the directors area this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apologies for not knowing the facts either but my brothers both have PSLs in the North Stand and read something from the club this summer that gave them the impression they could ‘legally’ pass on their ticket to friends and family. Unfortunately, I can’t recall the exact source but think it was something written on club website.

Odd that this (important) caveat hasn't been mentioned at all amongst any of Barbers numerous and regular darkly veiled threats to all of us about the crime of passing our tickets on then.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd also take that seat-for-life bit with a pinch of salt. 1901ers are not guaranteed their seats for European games, should we qualify, and my wheelchair bound father was turfed out of his space to add more seats to the directors area this season.

Actually, this season, they've put any European games back into the ticket, having taken them out a season or 2 ago! Weird, huh? Moot point though...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Odd that this (important) caveat hasn't been mentioned at all amongst any of Barbers numerous and regular darkly veiled threats to all of us about the crime of passing our tickets on then.

My reading of it is that the PSL allows you to permanently transfer it to friends or family. "Bequeath" also implies "...on your death"!

You can also sell it using the club's transfer page. Such a page does exist, but last time I looked, there were none for sale.

Like Bozza, having looked closer, I can see nothing that allows holders to transfer it on a game by game basis...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here