Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Autumnal dinners

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Had my first beef stew and dumplings of year the other day. Heavenly.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just had home made cottage pie with peas on a very autumnal evening; cosy and yummy.

What other suitably Autumnal dinners are there?

Nice thread.....

Got to be coq-au-vin with buttered mash and roast parsnips..

The Robert Carrier recipe which used about 400 pots and pans.....

all washed down with a nice Rioja.........

followed by rice pudding and jam.....

then a blue cheeseboard....with a large chunk of Roquefort sitting majestically in the middle....

all washed down with another nice Rioja.........

(licks lips!)

TNBA

TTF

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Cottage pie is a winner.
I do a roasted veg dish. Potatoes, side sliced broccoli stalks, carrots, onion, garlic, mushrooms (but use any you particularly like).
Par boil spuds. Cube the veg and par boil. Fry off garlic (whole clove segments), onions and mushrooms in a little oil.
Put all the ingredients into a deep baking tray, add cumin, chilli powder, ceyenne pepper, salt, pepper and mustard pepper.
Slow roast on 150 for an hour.
Serve with cauliflower cheese.
Warming and hearty.
In fact I'm doing it tonight.

View attachment 90086

I'm gonna have a go at that later, thanks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have tried to persuade wife to buy and cook some oxtail but the request fell on deaf ears. She says it is too greasy and grizzly and she hates wobbly bits as she calls them, in the meat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have tried to persuade wife to buy and cook some oxtail but the request fell on deaf ears. She says it is too greasy and grizzly and she hates wobbly bits as she calls them, in the meat.

I have to say I don't think you've sold it to those who have never tried it :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i thought of that but she already has a different dinner to me when I have liver so it seems hardly fair to keep on having different dinners. I may just buy some and cook it when she isnt aware of what I am doing and I can keep her out of the kitchen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here