Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Probably my favourite 2 weeks of the year. I don't think Murray will do it again, he's out of form and his body is creaking a little. Both Rafa and the Fed have been looking supreme lately, if I had to tip one for the title, it would probably be the chap from Mallorca.

On the womens side it's much more open. Pick one from about 10 and Konta is in there with a shout - although grass is not her best surface, but he did beat Kerber and Ostapenko in one day last week.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I enjoy watching Wimbledon, but get a bit bored of the predictable coverage of people queueing overnight to get in.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yesterday was fun...

wimbledon-1.png

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just on way back after a cracking day. Had centre so little disappointed at Federer match but been so many times it wasn't bad as the wozniacki v babos match was very decent for 2 sets.

Shame Boulter has the hallmarks of a brit - potential but no bottle.

£8.50 for a pimms this year!! When will it stop

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Probably my favourite 2 weeks of the year. I don't think Murray will do it again, he's out of form and his body is creaking a little. Both Rafa and the Fed have been looking supreme lately, if I had to tip one for the title, it would probably be the chap from Mallorca.

On the womens side it's much more open. Pick one from about 10 and Konta is in there with a shout - although grass is not her best surface, but he did beat Kerber and Ostapenko in one day last week.

No disrespect but that's an awful tip to be fair. Rafa will be the first to admit that grass is his least favourite surface. Fed, Murray, Raonic are all better shouts with Cilic and Zverev as outsiders.

Pliskova or Kvitova for the women's with Coco Vandeweghe as an outsider.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Jo Konta takes the first set of her second round match against Donna Vekic, having been facing two set points at one stage.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My tip is for Azarenka to reach the last 4, maybe even the final. She absolutely smashed Catherine Bellis* a couple of days ago after a first set wobble, and looked good again today.

* I'd quite like to do this myself.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No disrespect but that's an awful tip to be fair. Rafa will be the first to admit that grass is his least favourite surface. Fed, Murray, Raonic are all better shouts with Cilic and Zverev as outsiders.

Pliskova or Kvitova for the women's with Coco Vandeweghe as an outsider.

Agreed, Grass is not Rafa's favorite surface, but do not forget he has won it before, and is bang in form, if he gets through week 1 he is a great shout for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Konta finally gets through 7-6 4-6 10-8

Fantastic game, very close all the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here