Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
I still don't rate the bloke, gives the ball away too much during open day and every cross looks iffy.
Reminds me of one of my mates who can't kick a football, but every now and again he'll score a peach from 35 yards

Stumpy Tim

Like [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION] says, I would play him in the middle behind Hemed. Lua Lua showed no reason why he should start, Murphy doesn't quite do it upfront, and Wilson was invisible again when he came on. Front four of Murphy, Skalak, Knockaert & Hemed looks our best bet at the moment

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You do realise he's played in 8 games, 4 from the bench.
Those 8 games being for a new team, new league, different country, different language.

Talk about tough crowd.
'Hoping he comes good', before the fella has even unpacked is somewhat melodramatic.

Did say in my opinion, which as far a I know I am allowed! You seem to think your opinion is the only one that is allowed!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Aside from a couple of excellent, and very valuable, crosses, I thought he was useless. Saying that, it is still far to early to judge him, therefore I refuse to comment.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I still don't rate the bloke, gives the ball away too much during open day and every cross looks iffy.
Reminds me of one of my mates who can't kick a football, but every now and again he'll score a peach from 35 yards

I hope this is sarcasm...

Because he hasn't scored a peach from 35 yards, and every cross troubles the opposition bar a couple of wayward crosses early on in the game ... ???

With Skalak in the side we've gone from being absolute tosh at set pieces to being very dangerous from them.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
One thing I noticed tonight is how hard he works when we don't have the ball, he'll sprint 30 yards to close down in the middle of the park and that helps the defence big time, that seems to be what Hughton wants from his wingers. He was poor on the ball tonight, but then so were Kaz, Murphy and Hemed.

At the moment Skalak's workrate and delivery are worth his starting place away from home. Knockhaert needs to start every game at the Amex though to give us that quality on the ball.

He appears at times to be like a very excitable puppy, just hope without the wetting tendency!

His delivery from set-pieces is first class and as someone said earlier, you can't expect every single kick to find a head, the players have to make movement too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get the feeling Skalak could maybe JUST pass into Albion mythology as this season's Robbie Reinelt ie. throwaway player who leaves a HUGE legacy

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'd love top see him taking more of the direct free kicks. He always seems to be pushed aside.

Agreed. He seems to be waiting to be asked to take it. The way he strikes the ball is perfect for 20 - 30 yard direct free kicks at goal.

Thought there was one in the ideal position for him last night, but he got pushed away and Kayal played the short ball to Kaz and made a pigs ear of it instead. Would have preferred a direct shot at goal rather than giving time for a player to get a block in.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thought there was one in the ideal position for him last night, but he got pushed away and Kayal played the short ball to Kaz and made a pigs ear of it instead. Would have preferred a direct shot at goal rather than giving time for a player to get a block in.

Kaz's free kick would have worked if the wall had jumped but he signalled it too easily by his body language.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did say in my opinion, which as far a I know I am allowed! You seem to think your opinion is the only one that is allowed!
All I did was point how and why your opinion was completely wrong.

No need to get titsy about it.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
All I did was point how and why your opinion was completely wrong.

No need to get titsy about it.

He has been very poor in open play bar a couple of crosses, that's not an opinion but there for all to see. Personally I find your opinion completely wrong, he has been here since January!!! Anyway hopefully he will turn out to be a decent buy but the jury out on him!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am not a great fan,however compared to Manu,his enthusiasm and work rate certainly help his cause,and i really hope he makes it with us,as everyone likes a trier.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here