Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains were an utter Joke!.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't just going to Lewes and changing there work as suggested ?

For some reason folks in the East seem to be far less train-savvy than others, and have little concept of working the percentages such as changing at Lewes, doubling back via brighton etc. etc. in order to get home earlydoors. If that train from Falmer is not stopping at their desired station stop, then they're not getting on that train

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was expecting screaming during the push and rush!. How can the club let it's supporters be treated like this!.

DramaQueenAward.jpg

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Must admit as we strolled onto the Brighton train after a pint we did comment on the train pulling out, the other side, from a full platform half empty because half the people were still on the platform waiting for a different train. It is complete madness but sorry I don't have an answer.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This needs to be sorted out very quickly.
Next season we will have a full house every match with a few thousand away fans from places like Manchester, Liverpool and London all trying to get home.:whistle:

He lives in Newhaven.

We have found going back to Newhaven, from a midweek game, it's much easier to get on a Brighton train, and then catch the 12 outside Brighton station. Every train running west is going to Brighton, so there are a lot more of them (stands to reason)
On Tuesday night, we waited for the final whistle, clapped the players, went to the loos, walked down to the station, walked straight onto the 22.03 to Brighton, walked to the bus stop and was indoors at 10.50 (with a very slow bus driver).

12hrs 47 minutes????

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
it must be pretty obvoius by now that whichever train pulls in first, be it eastbourne or seaford. You are leaving behind 100's of people that cannot get
on the train, because those already on the platform don't want the bloody train!. if you have a single line of people it takes twice as long to clear the station!.

Gully

I have been saying this for the last 4 years.

I can understand there are fewer trains for a midweek match so its not really their fault, its the selfish idiots on the platform who are the problem, how hard is it to catch the first train and change at Lewes if necessary.

Although I must admit we did well on Tuesday - left on the final whistle and jogged to the station, initially we were 30-50 people back from the gate when it shut, then they let some more through and were managed to get onto the platform just before it closed again - back in Lewes by 10 past 10 and home in Bexhill by 10.45 great stuff.

Another thing that is noticeable is how many "disabled" people have lots of abled bodied friends nowadays and there are loads and loads of under 16's who are disabled.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a transport thread so it'll do, as the question hardly merits it's own thread:-

Does anyone know if the airport road is now open onto the A27, so I can cross to Coombes (Lancing College).

Ta muchly.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think THPP is pretty much spot on, in my situation anyway.
The last direct train for me back to Victoria is the 22:40 from Lewes. For the Forest game it seemed a bit touch and go whether we'd make it but we just did and got home to Bromley at around 00:15.
I left on the final whistle Tuesday, looked at the queues on the ramps for the eastbound trains and walked straight to the westbound platform. I was on a train to Brighton by 21:57, walked off the train and just managed to get on the 22:02 Thameslink to Bedford and, because it was just one of those nights when everything worked out well with connections, I was home in Bromley at 23:17 a whole hour earlier than if I had taken the Lewes train. I don't think I could have got back to a parked car and driven home quicker than that.
Even if it didn't work out quite so well there were just so many more options back to London from Brighton so that's what I'll be doing in future.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Another thing that is noticeable is how many "disabled" people have lots of abled bodied friends nowadays and there are loads and loads of under 16's who are disabled.

Yeah, that's annoying. At the forest game there was a guy with a walking stick who just appeared to have a bit of a limp. He was allowed through with about 10 of his sodding family/friends to just waltz down to the front.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Serves you all right for living in East Sussex......West is best. No problems in that direction,..... duoh!!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Separating Eastbourne passengers from Newhaven/Seaford passengers at Falmer is a STUPID idea. The quickest way to get to Eastbourne from Falmer is often to get on a Seaford train and change at Lewes on to a Victoria - Eastbourne train. Hanging back at Falmer for a direct train to Eastbourne just clutters up Falmer and delays EVERYONE.

Thankyou! When there's a ton of people there already it's foolish to think you're gonna get anywhere anytime soon without exploring all of your options.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I've just posted this in the club line, but it seems a forgotten dungeon with a few posts a year. So I've also posted it here to get other people's opinions!.

I have to say this, But, What the hell is going on with the trains!.

I couldn't believe it on the eastbound platform on Tuesday after the Rotherham game,
People on here moan about people leaving the game early, But do they really want to know or even care why!.

On tues, realising that trains were very poor anyway on a midweek game, I decided it best to leave the game 5 mins before the end!. (Which i really don't like doing! BTW).
Trying to run for the train for seaford, like many others, When I looked down towrds the platform, it was an 8 carriage train.! Ideal for supporters to get the first big wave away!,

But it pulled away with less then 40 people on board before the official 90mins were played!. What the hell I thought!. The next train isn't until 20 mins after the final whistle!.
This, I was told by the platform guard, Would be a football special!.

I was relieved that maybe the club or the rail authorities had agreed to get there heads together and done something at last!.

With 5 mins to go before the train arrived, The platform was now shoulder to shoulder, and the que was now tailbacked up the ramps!
Announcer!. "The next train, is a football special, It willl be calling at lewes and Newhaven Stn!."
HUH! What about seaford!.
Announcer!. "The next train is 3 carriages, and supporters who want Eastbourne should change at Lewes on this train. ."

WHAT, Are you friggin kidding me!. I would be safer walking the channel tunnel at night!.
Is the train company really this ignorant!. or is there a problem between the club and the rail!.

I was expecting screaming during the push and rush!. How can the club let it's supporters be treated like this!.

Another point to make here!.
Why oh why!. do you have a frigging ramp lane for wheelchairs so wide, that you could drive a smart car down!

This is my suggestion.

Seperate the eastbound supporters that require two different trains.
One que up the ramp for seaford
And another for Eastbourne!.

Why is this necessary you ask!. Well, I'll tell you!.
it must be pretty obvoius by now that whichever train pulls in first, be it eastbourne or seaford. You are leaving behind 100's of people that cannot get
on the train, because those already on the platform don't want the bloody train!. if you have a single line of people it takes twice as long to clear the station!.

For the love of god. PLEASE do something about this!..

Or at least for the time being!., Ask the rail company to provide a train that leaves just a few mins after the final whistle, NOT BEFORE!.

regards!
Gully

Have you tried to get away from Wembley Stadium after a night game? There's not very many trains back into London that aren't staggered at that time.

Nobody complains. They all talk about England or Wembley or what team they support. Which is fantastic really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here