Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Special - tonight on BT Sport and Sky

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many thanks for the tip. For all you BT subscribers like me, it's being repeated at 8am and 11.30am on BT Sport 2 tomorrow morning

Thanks for posting. Just set my BT to record :thumbsup:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
For those with Sky Sports Mix who ended up watching WWE instead last night the episode is repeated again on Friday at 10.30pm.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For all thems hoarders out there, if you want the mp4 to keep forever and play offline then go to https://m.ok.ru/video/316446149222, press play then use the download arrow, bottom right.

:moo:

Thanks. Lovely video. Yes it does shorten the journey a bit, and miss out some people... great to see Ed there in one of the segments from London.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Exactly - that was very good (and didn't mention Tony Bloom once, incidentally). To my knowledge, there was no conscious decision or any pressure to 'airbrush out' Dick Knight - let alone Paul, Liz, Atilla or any of the many others that did such fantastic work to keep the club alive. Their story has been told, rightly, many times (and indeed Atilla has featured in some of the other PL programmes already). As a Premier League produced documentary, this was intended primarily to introduce the club to a worldwide audience, so the brush strokes would consequently be a bit broader than some of the domestic coverage. In terms of the planning process, stadium build and the fact he's still heavily involved in the Amex era, Martin Perry's expertise had all those aspects covered.

Weird that it spent so much time with one oddball fan, when there is so much interesting stuff to hear about. Still, it is all part of the rich tapestry.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cheers for that. Airbrush for Dick Knight, then? Great stuff though.

Guardian did an excellent doc on the same thing last week which had a load of DK but none of TB. ie: the reverse of this doc. Stopped at the move into Falmer.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Exactly - that was very good (and didn't mention Tony Bloom once, incidentally). To my knowledge, there was no conscious decision or any pressure to 'airbrush out' Dick Knight - let alone Paul, Liz, Atilla or any of the many others that did such fantastic work to keep the club alive. Their story has been told, rightly, many times (and indeed Atilla has featured in some of the other PL programmes already). As a Premier League produced documentary, this was intended primarily to introduce the club to a worldwide audience, so the brush strokes would consequently be a bit broader than some of the domestic coverage. In terms of the planning process, stadium build and the fact he's still heavily involved in the Amex era, Martin Perry's expertise had all those aspects covered.
..and you know this how? I saw three glimpses of Dick Knight but at no stage was he mentioned. None of this would have been possible had it not been for him - heaven knows what it cost him in effort, time and money. Presumably Martin Perry was deputed to take part in this programme, and quite possibly he had a set of instructions to follow. To be fair, I thought that he came over very well. But it was DK who hired him and gave him the responsibility for bringing in the stadium. I would not, for one moment, criticise Tony Bloom who will forever be a hero in my book, but DK's part in all of this, especially dealing with Archer and Bellotti, shouldn't be forgotten (nor they forgiven, even beyond the grave!) Truth is there are so many who used their own unique talents to keep Albion alive that a programme covering it all would take hours and hours of broadcasting. All in all, an excellent programme.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
26 years in the TV industry. Good enough for you? :wink:

Over 26 years here although behind the scenes. I found it a very odd little piece.

You'd come away from thinking Perry was the Chairman at the time. Whatever the intention of the documentary it focussed on history and didn't mention Dick Knight by name.

Even if unintentional in the edit, airbrushed it looked...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I like how that documentary is supposed to be all about the Albion, but really, all it goes on about is how 'amazing' the Prem is.

All those Albion fans hanging around after the game saying stuff like "as long as they're in the Prem, I'm happy" just highlights we have plenty of fans who will only support us if we play in the most hyped up league in the world. What's worse is how these super fans hype the league up even more than Sky do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here