Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Sours 1983

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
No shirt sponsors but a month later us and Man Ure were both sponsored up anybody know why that was?

Highlights of the match were shown on TVS. Were there regulations in place at the time that meant shirt sponsors were removed when highlights of games were televised?

If you are talking about the cup final, neither team wore sponsorship. Televised sponsorship was allowed from the 83/84 season

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Recall a spurs fan get a right kicking in the south stand:eek: shocking scenes.
The Bosun had split into 2 groups, 1 in the north and 1 in the south. Not saying that the scenes in the south were The Bosun.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just read somewhere that we had firms, which include the headhunters, Bosun Boys, West Street Firm, and one I had not heard before but working here and hearing stories by people who I work with may have been part of The North Lancing Firm ??? Which actually surprises me as South Lancing is much more of a dive than North Lancing !!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just read somewhere that we had firms, which include the headhunters, Bosun Boys, West Street Firm, and one I had not heard before but working here and hearing stories by people who I work with may have been part of The North Lancing Firm ??? Which actually surprises me as South Lancing is much more of a dive than North Lancing !!
Lancing Square Gang actually.....but I don't recall how the name came up?

Jan 30, 2008
you forgot the BWS :whistle:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here