Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC back on track - the giant is waking, again

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If you are CEO at the end of the day you are responsible for what goes on and for the strategies in place. Being commercial and retaining community and tradition do not have to be seperate things. In my eyes we have veered to far in one direction and arrogance and short memories have been part and parcel with dealing with the club in some aspects.

He is doing a better job than his predecessor who appeared to be pretty shite in a lot of ways (overspending and over staffing), however I am not entirely sure Barber warrants the size of pay check he gets.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This board does my bloody head in at times. Things have taken an upturn recently and still people have the knives out ready to stick in to anyone and everyone. I think Barber is doing a great job. He hasn't alienated fans at all, some are just too stupid to understand business speak. Before he came in the club was losing money hand over fist, so of course things seem bad at the time,

Just remember if it hadn't of been for Barber, we wouldn't have Halford wth us now. It's our FFP compliance and Forests inability to that's he's here right now.

Barber nearly always replies to an email from a fan quickly and as honestly as he can, what's wrong with that exactly? When a good friends dad died who was well known by the club, Paul Barber was one of the first people to get in contact with the family so for people to say Barber is alienating and pushing fans away is quite frankly bullshit.

Very much agree - Barber IN from me.

And the OP is going a bit OTT in his analysis. But I do feel that things could be getting better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Things have really turned around so quickly. And we haven't even got Hughton's signings yet. Well done to all involved from TB/PB in restructuring/sacking, CH and the players.

Glad they seen the light and made the changes which were obvious to us all apart from the palace trolls

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I thought we'd lose today and was preparing to be philosophic. As it happens, I'll have to change my boxer shorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here