Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager, your preference

So what type of manager do you want for the Albion

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ok we have had two Latin managers, neither of whom had any experience of the very very competitive Championship, although both did pretty well but no cigar at the end of a Championship season

So do you want another foreign rookie with a good background at a top club starting his managerial career? Or maybe an English coach such as Clement but still a Rookie. Or is it time to listen to Ernest and go for a tried and tested English manager with experience?

Poll to follow

I really don't like these options you've provided. So I'm not going to bite.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You HAVE to trust TB and the senior management team. It's their money and jobs on the line.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I trust TB too, but that doesn't mean whomsoever appointed i am the happiest with. I do like the romancing mystery of those from overseas, but i wouldn't squawk with distress over a chap from these waters as long as his intentions are ones that stick to our cosmopolitan identity rather than the rebirth of one as purely physical scrappers.

A good one, of whatever nationality, who isn't a prat.

If the appointment annoys Ernest, Kevtherev, Mutts Nutts and Footsoldier, I'll be happy. They're my albion barometers. *taps gage*

All of this.

Clement fits the bill, and more importantly, wins me cash.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Trusting Tony et al to make the right choice. If it's Nathan Jones, they will, instead, have made an enormous mistake.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Of course I trust TB, and if he picks somebody who has had experience at Liverpool, Benfica, Valencia, Al Ahly, Real Sociedad, Tenerife and Estudiantes Tecos I'll trust him even more.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I trust TB so whatever he decides will be perfect - for at least the first 3-4 games (got to give the bloke a chance)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Trusting Tony et al to make the right choice. If it's Nathan Jones, they will, instead, have made an enormous mistake.

How can you be sure that appointing Nathan Jones would be a mistake? And I'm looking for facts here, because you stated it as a fact.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My preference of the bookies' favourites: Tim Sherwood (don't like him as a person, but there are worse out there in that sense. If a manager who has just managed a 6th place prem finish is happy to come to us, I think we should be jumping at the chance...)
Sensible, (hopefully) obtainable option: Derek McInnes (has stated he's staying at Aberdeen - but don't they all?)
FLAIR option: Clarence Seedorf (Player Manager) :mad:
Nightmare option (IMO): Phil Neville :eek: :nono:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
How can you be sure that appointing Nathan Jones would be a mistake? And I'm looking for facts here, because you stated it as a fact.

Here's what I've been able to divine by combing the threads..

Because he was a cock when he was with Yeovil.
And he's Welsh.
And he's somehow connected with Mustelidae, like ferrets and weasels, in what way I am not sure.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It all depends who is available. I don't care what nationality he is, he just needs to be the best man for the job.

Saying that, I think we should go German this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here