Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
See what happens in Luxembourg tomorrow.

[tweet]1067027768834183168[/tweet]

If this was officially announced as an option and was combined with a committal statement from the EU that the deadline can't be extended, then we'd see a unique situation where it's finally the responsibility of those useless members of parliament to decide take the deal, leave with no deal or revoke article 50. Then those MPs can stop all this nonsense about second referendums and general elections and actually be forced to take the decision on our behalf that they were democratically elected to take by the people.

It would mean real parliamentary democracy finally has to step up to the plate.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Donald Trump thinks its a bad deal for getting a trade with the USA ,so its a no for me.

A clean break, and to get the likes of Rolls Royce, Jaguar, the British Mini on the world stage again.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Leaving the EU without a deal would put the country in the same position as before joining the common market. Not exactly Armageddon as many are predicting.

Apart from having absolutely no trade deals with anybody

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Donald Trump thinks its a bad deal for getting a trade with the USA ,so its a no for me.

A clean break, and to get the likes of Rolls Royce, Jaguar, the British Mini on the world stage again.

1. Jaguar (Parent company. Tata, an Indian company)
2. Rolls Royce (Parent company, BMW, a Germany company)
3. Mini (see 2)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Correction.

Hard BREXITeers have told Trump's mates to get him onside on the deal. He has obliged.

And folk think he knows what he's on about.

The withdrawal agreement allows for the UK to negotiate deals during transition.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We are inevitability going to end up out of the EU but part of some customs union / free market arrangement with a concession on freedom of movement.

Leavers are just gonna have to swallow the last bit.

I'd be amazed if a second referendum happens.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
To me it appears Mr Trump a totaly unelected individual in the UK is getting involved in favour of his long standing supporters and recent bromance buddies Boris and Nigel who were photographed having dinner together last week

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The British Mini :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside. And as a follow up to a previous post, someone I sit near in my office provides services to a medium sized business in Birmingham. They have been trying to renegotiate their contract since the pound collapsed. Friend has stood firm and said it’s not her problem and her rates are non-negotiable. Contract recently expired but unfortunately for the Brum lot she has also now put her rates up since the original contract was signed, they’re still non-negotiable, and Brum bunch have now been told to do one as she’s fed up with them (think her reply to them was more business like though :lolol:) . As I understand it, the business is now in a bit of a pickle and blaming her. Tossers. I hope other businesss are prepared for scenarios like this.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Oh man, please.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Cowley plant would be gone in 2 years under their no deal plan. Its a great car and a great boom for the local economy but could easily join the Land Rover Discovery in Slovakia

I think dyson has led the way with looking to move manufacturing out of the uk and moving it anywhere that is cheaper...and then he has the cheek to come on to and say how brilliant the uk is for manufacturing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We still have the Morgan car company

That makes how many a year? 100 cars. 200? 500? Well that will certainly keep the treasury going to pay my pension

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here