Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Locadia - doesn't look good, does he, but Winstanley can't win them all.
Bissouma - young and naive, will come good. He played in joke of a league IMO, so it will take alot ot time.
Montoya and Bernardo - good signs.
Jahanbakhsh - a bit like Bissouma, so much to learn and to get physically stronger.

But look at Everton - a shit football team for 20 years, but now Moshiri is artificially $$$$$ transforming them with PL stars such as Sigurdsson, Walcott, Richarlison, etc. They've simply got far better players.

It might be worth avoiding NSC Albion threads for a few days, as everyone will talk themselves into melancholia, with excessive whinging about CH and the players. People seem unable to see that 7 clubs in the PL have a huge financial advantage = far better players than us, especially with home advantage. We got inlikely wins in our last 3 games. Stay positive.

I am already looking forward to next week and hopefully getting at least a point. We may even get to see a bit more of Bissouma and Andone.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One cross from a short corner doesn't make a jot compared to the rest of the game

This. Ignore anyone who doubts this. He was shit today. Be glad when he is used as a sub. He seems more effective coming on as a winger.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
On the plus side I thought Bong was way better second half. Also Bissoma looked decent when he cam on as did Andone. Could be interesting when they get up to first team speed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
somewhat disappointed with the result , all 3 Everton goals could and probably should have been avoided. Conceding from your own corner should not happen if you have set up right so that was disappointing.
The second was fortunate that the ball from a great tackle went straight to an Everton player who wasn't marked while one other was marked by both Bong & Dunk . Sadly the ball falling to an Everton player first was the story of the game , we were second to most free balls and simply they wanted it more is how it looked.
The third goal , well what can you say , allowances given as Dunky was king of the own goal last season so a under hit pass across the back line I guess is almost , no is worse than an own goal but maybe not totally surprising given Dunk or Duffy make a mistake or two over the coarse of a season so put it down to bad luck this time if avoidable.

Might be me but thought Dale Stephens was very poor today which wasn't so good when you see him balling out the others as he was just plain bad himself compared to the others. Not sure why Izzy is subbed for Knocky when he looks far more dangerous than Ali J who has yet to impress. Not sure how they measure it but thought Ali J & Locadia were said to be lightning quick , maybe I blinked but yet to see either of them go faster than Muzza.

Overall a huge improvement on last season at Goodison but still looks like we are misfiring especially in midfield and just maybe Stephens dip in form is a Lack of help from Ali J who looks a lot like Izzy did in his early days , lost when the ball is going towards their own goal. I could be being harsh , was not as bad a performance as it could have been but just feels like a cog is missing somewhere , maybe its Gross as March just isn't cutting it as a no.10 for me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
2nd best today .....far too careless with the ball and seemingly clueless at working the ball forward , their opener was a classic fast break of which we are perfectly capable ......we are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic SM and AJ are not up to this level imho.......confirmed by todays performance , howler from Dunk in front of Southgate to put the icing on the toffee cake .....good to see Andone get a trot , hope he's got some tekkers ffs..... goodnight

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Us:
Much better away performance than Newcastle - much better tactics as we’re having a good go at times. At least look dangerous although have left a few holes at times. Their goal was class & not a huge amount we could do although perhaps backed off too much.

Them:
Very good as you’d expect. But the gap isn’t as big as it should be for the money each team has spent difference - and the PL experience. I expect them to nick it but I’m happy with the performance so far.

Albion fans:
Bloody superb. So so so loud and outsingingn them easily. So much louder than palace 2010 franchise when they were there (it was on TV). Brilliant.

No pressure and we’re playing a bit like it...

Much the same really. Backed off way too much at times but they were good. Better performance than many seats overall.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Entirely predictable.
Same old sloppy display. Too many below par, as usual, away from home. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see all eleven, on their game, just for once, in an away game. Is it too much to ask or are we always going to be a team with a soft underbelly away from home. Easy pickings for Everton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No. Just don't make random scapegoats like a lot on here!

The amount of posters who have the same opinion somewhat counters the randomness.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Thanks to the recent ground out victories it’s not a damaging defeat.

We definitely need to be more positive against Cardiff though. Time to play Andone or Locadia with Murray.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If he keeps up he will get about 6 assists. So the same number as Aguero, Coutinho and Sanchez got last season. Aparently now Brighton fans think this is bad. Wow.
Sanchez was a joke last season, Coutinho swapped countries and Aguero shouldn't be setting goals up, but scoring them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Entirely predictable.
Same old sloppy display. Too many below par, as usual, away from home. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see all eleven, on their game, just for once, in an away game. Is it too much to ask or are we always going to be a team with a soft underbelly away from home. Easy pickings for Everton.

Everton are simply miles better than us. According to those who watched it (I didn't), they should've tucked away a load of other chances and half chances.

We'll only be in these away games and getting results, when we have a far better midfield.

It takes time. We're not doing a Wolves in buying instant success, with internationals. In contrast, our team contained many players, plying their trade in the Championship 18 months ago.

We should be realistic. Only TB can determine where he wants us to go with the signings budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here