Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps you’re right, or perhaps he’s just carrying an injury.

At least one of the reasonable Palace posters has arrived on this thread. We won’t be seeing the usual trolls who can’t have a sensible discussion until Palace win or we lose.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I thought that they had lost 1-2 to Liverpool so I checked and I'm glad to be wrong! :D

According to the BBC: Top flight sides had failed to score in their first four home games of a season only twice before this term, but both Huddersfield and Crystal Palace have managed that this term."

No mention of anyone making it 5...

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
According to the BBC: Top flight sides had failed to score in their first four home games of a season only twice before this term, but both Huddersfield and Crystal Palace have managed that this term."

No mention of anyone making it 5...

...but let's not forget that the Goal Scoring Machine Benteke will be back soon...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I think that is missing either a 'No' or a low number.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watching MOTD I not sure what the fuss is about there seemed to be loads of room behind the goal for the drone boyz
What about that other shitty stand opposite the camera? Hundreds of seats available all game - yet the always are sulking at home and not even going to games. Sorry, CP2010FC games - I’ve heard many are frequenting Wembley (source - Jimmy the fish, who owns a chip shop near sellhurst).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You can see why the natives are getting restless. The only "top 6" team they've played is Liverpool. Home games against Southampton, Newcastle and Wolves have got them one point (and no goals). I hadn't realised that until now. It is pretty shite.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nothing says 'football's back' every autumn quite like another Palace omi-shambles to enjoy.

First, Zaha spends the summer telling anyone and everyone that would listen - including his team mates - that he wants out. Parish responds by placing a £75m price tag on his head - a tactical master stroke that effectively makes Zaha a hostage at Selhurst Park. In response, Zaha is now playing (when he isn't on the sick) with all the enthusiam and commitment of a teenager working a Saturday job in McDonalds. Except he's being paid £125'000 a week.

Meanwhile, strike-partner Christian '3 in 40' Benteke is still wandering around aimlessly with a banjo looking for a cow's arse to hit whilst stealing an equally eye-watering wage every week. You would think shame alone would be enough for him to beg Roy to drop him. But no - somehow he still keeps getting a game, inspite of every pundit week in week out saying he's better at hiding than Anne Frank.

Off the field things are just as tragic. The Selhurst Fanatics have demonstrated that they are not quite as fantatical as their name might suggest by refusing to attend games at Selhurst until they can sit behind the goal. Quite why they want to sit behind the goal is anybody's guess as Palace have yet to score a home goal all season. Still, Parish has caved in to their demands, evicting many loyal Palace STHs from their chosen seats from next season in the process, on the basis of 'overwhelming fan support' for the plan. I suppose 'overwhelming fan support' is correct if it includes fans of Brighton and Hove Albion spamming their noddy petition with thousands of bogus names.

Yes - another vintage season at the Team of the Eighties.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some tricky games coming up for palace now, they really needed to have a few more points in the bank already than they have managed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You can see why the natives are getting restless. The only "top 6" team they've played is Liverpool. Home games against Southampton, Newcastle and Wolves have got them one point (and no goals). I hadn't realised that until now. It is pretty shite.

Sheff Wed now 6th. They are buzzing on Owlstalk.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Home games against Southampton, Newcastle and Wolves have got them one point (and no goals).

...but in the summer, before the season started, Palace posters on here were telling us that they would be pushing for top 6 this season and Benteke would get around 15-20 goals?

:ffsparr:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Their next 5 games,
Everton away
Arsenal home
Chelsea away
Spurs home
Manchester United away

Not easy at all, could be going into December on less than 10 points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not easy at all, could be going into December on less than 10 points.
One of them will jump on that saying:-

'again, but we still finished above you'.

They'll be along any second now...

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There seem to be a lot of Palace followers, (fans?), on this board.

They know who is playing well, who badly, how many goals they’ve scored, what games are coming up, who they’ve played already, upcoming fixtures, attendances, facilities and internal politics and finances.

I don’t get it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There seem to be a lot of Palace followers, (fans?), on this board.

They know who is playing well, who badly, how many goals they’ve scored, what games are coming up, who they’ve played already, upcoming fixtures, attendances, facilities and internal politics and finances.

I don’t get it.

So you don't know anything about anyone else or anything that you don't follow/support? I am not buying it. Maybe just don't bother comment if you don't 'get' the rivalry?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here