Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

May is *being clear* that there will be a hard border now to go with the *no deal* she is hurtling towards.

And *the plan* is to blame it all on the EU.

Worst Prime Minister, ever.

Those are EU rules not TM, therefore the hard border will be the responsibility of the EU to pay for and implement, if it happens.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whatever, whoever, what annoys me more is TM is only following the rules, yet she is the one who gets the blame.

You really don't get it, do you ?

You don't know what you want, you don't understand what the options are, you think everyone is picking on TM

And yet it was you that put her in this no-win situation. It would be laughable if you hadn't f***ed everyone else too

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really don't get it, do you ?

You don't know what you want, you don't understand what the options are, you think everyone is picking on TM

And yet it was you that put her in this no-win situation. It would be laughable if you hadn't f***ed everyone else too

This.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's up to individual employers to check skills and qualifications. I don't actually believe you when you say there are people working in trades they are not qualified for. There may be the odd, isolated case on extremely dodgy private jobs but I've worked on many sites and you can't even get hired without at least the basic CSCS accreditation, let alone get on site to start working a trade you don't have the ability or correct CSCS card to perform. And most companies are going to need some proof of an NVQ in your chosen trade. Absolutely no building company I have ever come across would ever risk that.

Now, there are some some examples of companies , Taylor Wimpey being one , that have had issues and disputes with CSCS and there are problems with some of aspects of CSCS such as a migrant worker can do the test in their native language and go onto a site where all the signs are in English. But most signs are easily understandable symbols and voltage/electrical signs so it's not a huge problem. So, CSCS itself is not a watertight system. But, and it's a big but no reputable construction firm that employs significant numbers of people is ever going to risk their insurance policy by having unqualified, non CSCS card holders on site. If they do, you don't want to be anywhere near that site.

As I say, the odd private job or isolated case might deliberately be overlooked or the odd ignorant home owner who just wants their guttering done but, and I hope this isn't too uncivilised for you, past that you are talking gobbledegook And you know it too.

Your right about the cscs scheme and although that's supposed to prove a worker has the right qualifications doesn't mean they have . The whole thing is open to abuse.
Another scheme that has been introduced is national insurance numbers being insisted on. Guess what? This site is full of British workers. Funny that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dominic Raab is a ****ing idiot.

Our prime minister has been constructive and respectful. In return we heard jibes from senior leaders. And we saw a starkly one-sided approach to negotiation, where the EU’s theological approach allows no room for serious compromise.

What did he expect?

He should also tell his colleague, the new Foreign Secretary, not too liken the other side of our negotiation to the Soviet Union, if he wants a even handed negotiation.

Wankers, the ****ing lot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What did he expect?

He should also tell his colleague, the new Foreign Secretary, not too liken the other side of our negotiation to the Soviet Union, if he wants a even handed negotiation.

And only last week, after her Salzburg humiliation, Theresa May was bleating about how the UK had been respectful to the EU and expected this to be reciprocated. The U.K. hadn’t been respectful then, and yesterday’s comments certainly show its not being respectful now. The EU certainly has more patience than me, I’d have told the UK to do one by now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What did he expect?

They are all clueless. It's quite obvious the EU hold all the cards as they have done from the outset, but for reasons only known to themselves, Brexiteers seem blind to this clear reality.

It's a pattern we've seen time and time and time again. Our clueless negotiators go off to Brussels with something completely unacceptable and are told as much by the EU - these idiots then go bleating to the Daily Express and other right wing Brexit sympathising papers about how unfair it all is and "don't they know who we are?" . It's absolutely feeble.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And only last week, after her Salzburg humiliation, Theresa May was bleating about how the UK had been respectful to the EU and expected this to be reciprocated. The U.K. hadn’t been respectful then, and yesterday’s comments certainly show its not being respectful now. The EU certainly has more patience than me, I’d have told the UK to do one by now.

This.

The supreme arrogance of this country is what has got us in to this mess in the first place. During the campaigning I remember seeing meme's doing the rounds on social media talking about how a country that won the war don't need Europe and we'll be fine on our own etc. I mean, WTF?! That strange, misplaced arrogance seems to have filtered through to our politicians. We're an embarrassment.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

What did he expect?

Brexit is now just about saving face for the Tory party. They know it's going tits up and are already trying to lay the blame elsewhere rather than at their door, where it firmly belongs. Not because of the negotiations, it could only ever go tits up, but for Dave cowering and allowing a referendum in the first place.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brexit is now just about saving face for the Tory party. They know it's going tits up and are already trying to lay the blame elsewhere rather than at their door, where it firmly belongs. Not because of the negotiations, it could only ever go tits up, but for Dave cowering and allowing a referendum in the first place.

No no it's okay it will work, after all....

One of the more curious parts of Hammond’s speech came when he talked about EU opposition to elements of the Chequers plan.

“Mr Tusk says it won’t work,” he said. “But that’s what people said about the lightbulb in 1878.”

Jan 30, 2008
It's the likes of you I feel for most in all this. Fooled into voting as you thought we'd get rid of all the funny foreign types and just blindly insisting we leave, come what may. You are so unprepared for the upcoming events it's eye watering watching you posture on here because we can see what you're walking into blindfolded.
great reply, you need to get a reality check
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here