Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Eastenders

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If, in your comfy armchair, you look in the wooden holder beside you for the Radio Times, a wordsearch and a brochure for equity release, you may find one of these BG.

On it, it has both a channel change facility AND an 'off' button.

31tUK7mOGvL._SX355_.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm up to date on such matters. Are Joe Mangel, Jim Robinson and Harold Bishop still in it?

No but Jane, Mrs Mangels granddaughter did appear a couple of months ago. Paul Robinson is incredibly still in it though and looks exactly the same. Incredible ageing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No but Jane, Mrs Mangels granddaughter did appear a couple of months ago. Paul Robinson is incredibly still in it though and looks exactly the same. Incredible ageing.

Have they forgotten that Paul Robinson lost a leg in a helicopter crash, just like the Striker cartoon in The Sun forgot about Nick Jarvis losing a leg in a shark attack.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
How much longer are they going to keep this ridiculous and boring Stuart story going? Why do the soaps always keep their stories going too long so that they become boring.,

Just a suggestion but you could turn over or not watch at all. It's crap in my opinion which is why I stopped watching many many years ago and the ratings show I was not the only one.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Plain Jane, Superbrain. :love::blush:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I generally see it as ok easy to watch tv but they do extend their storylines like Corrie did with the Pat Phelan story and Emmerdale are likely to do with the Rebbecca White/Lachlan story. Why can they not make the point. Play it out for a few episodes then end it and move on to another story/plot.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I generally see it as ok easy to watch tv but they do extend their storylines like Corrie did with the Pat Phelan story and Emmerdale are likely to do with the Rebbecca White/Lachlan story. Why can they not make the point. Play it out for a few episodes then end it and move on to another story/plot.

You really need to get out more BG.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Just a wild guess as I don't watch this dreck. But by "investing" in a slow-burning storyline that takes weeks/months/years to play out, they can string viewers along for as long as possible while they wait to arrive at an earth-shattering ratings-busting conclusion episode with resulting maHOOsive fallout. You know, those ones that actually get trailered and previewed every night for a week or two in advance.

Not easy to build up much in the way of drama if its done and dusted over the course of 'a few episodes'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a wild guess as I don't watch this dreck. But by "investing" in a slow-burning storyline that takes weeks/months/years to play out, they can string viewers along for as long as possible while they wait to arrive at an earth-shattering ratings-busting conclusion episode with resulting maHOOsive fallout. You know, those ones that actually get trailered and previewed every night for a week or two in advance.

Not easy to build up much in the way of drama if its done and dusted over the course of 'a few episodes'.

, But in the ensuing build up the viewer gets bored to tears, as in the current Stuart storyline.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
, But in the ensuing build up the viewer gets bored to tears, as in the current Stuart storyline.

Then in the normal course of events the viewer switches over, or puts a film on, or just switches the telly off and goes and finds something else to do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The GLORY days of Eastenders (if thats the right word) was Den and Ange and of course the immortal Mike Reids Frank Butcher.

I don't know if you're in this age bracket, but ITV childrens TV on weekday afternoons in the late 70's had a cheapskate prog called Run Around. Presented by a grumpy Mike Reid. With an identical voice and mannerisms to his character on Deadenders.

As with most of the cast, extremely limited acting ability, almost playing themselves.

With greater TV and internet choice now, thank our lucky stars, there are only 7 million suckers left addicted to the pile of crap.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I gave up on Eastenders about a year ago, just as I gave up on Corrie, Home & Away and Neighbours once they'd run their course. Eastenders have had some truly great storylines in the past, but now it just feels a bit :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here