Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
No that’s nonsense, of course we wouldn’t. Some people on here just let their imagination run away with them because Bloom is a well known gambler.

I’m sure we’ve placed a few stories in the media at times but we wouldn’t actually put a bid for a player to a club whilst secretly hoping we don’t get him so we can sign someone else. Laughable.

It works like this:

You bid for a player you would quite like if you can get him dirt cheap.
You bid so low that you don't realistically​ expect the other club to accept. This works as a distraction.
If the low bid is accepted, you get a deal and player that you like anyway.

It's a win-win process.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For future reference I’m backing it.

For future reference I'm NOT backing it.

Singing a fella from a Premier League team, is bad enough.
But I might even have seen this geezer play which is tantamount to sacrilegious.

For those reasons I'm out and shall booooooo him at every available opportunity.

He's now all set to be the leading goal scorer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I honestly don’t see why some people are not liking the idea of signing him.

I’m very pleased we are after a genius number 9 as Locadia is not one (although I think he’ll be a brilliant signing).

However, I think we need a Striker with size and pace, there is myth that Mitrovic is fast, he is not.

Also, this is a genuine STH Geordie opinion that I absolutely trust:

“Well, for me he’s a temperamental cart horse, who can be lazy and isn’t the best finisher. Can’t see him doing any better than Murray.”

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It goes something like this usually:

"Sources" confirm Brighton interested in [PLAYER];
Silence from Brighton;
Silence from [PLAYER]'s club;
Picked up on Twitter & other social media;
Tin-pot rumour sites spread rumour as fact;
Andy Naylor rules out interest in [PLAYER];
Brighton sign someone of whom we've never heard.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I’m very pleased we are after a genius number 9 as Locadia is not one (although I think he’ll be a brilliant signing).

However, I think we need a Striker with size and pace, there is myth that Mitrovic is fast, he is not.

“Well, for me he’s a temperamental cart horse, who can be lazy and isn’t the best finisher. Can’t see him doing any better than Murray.”

Agree on Locadia. Looks like he could be a great signing, but doesn't he tend to play on the left of a front three? Which means we've got £30m of left wingers/forwards + March, and only Knockaert & Schelotto on the right. Seems a touch unbalanced...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

With respect to that Geordie, that’s just his/her opinion and there will be many alternative ones as the case with every player, every tactic and every team across the land. (That person may or may not be proved right of course)

From a professional point of view, the club would have many more stats and how they feel he would fit in with our team/tactics than ourselves so I can only trust their approach based on previous form (our summer business) which I feel was very good overall

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would we make a bid just as a diversion? I don't recall the club ever doing that before. Supposing it had been accepted? We'd look real charlies, wouldn't we?

After missing out on possibly 4 Striker targets on the last day of the last window (that could cost us our place in the top flight), would you not change a few things?

Surely Bloom was asking questions and has requested we do some things differently this window?

Diversion bids, whilst underhand, are a good tactic in my opinion. If Newcastle accepted an offer for Mitrovic for a bargain £7m, we’d have a good player for a knock down price on our hands which would be no disaster. I still think we are after someone with genuine pace and this story might persuade Celtic to reduce the £25m asking price.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I would imagine with all his experience managing at the top level that Rafa Benitez is a pretty good judge of player. There is no way that he would sell one of his players to a relegation rival if he had even the slightest suspicion that he was any good.
Haha Benitez was the manager that froze out then sold alonso who went on to have numerous amazing seasons at the top level. I am not comparing Mitrovic with Alonso but please don't fall for the Benitez myth!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It works like this:

You bid for a player you would quite like if you can get him dirt cheap.
You bid so low that you don't realistically​ expect the other club to accept. This works as a distraction.
If the low bid is accepted, you get a deal and player that you like anyway.

It's a win-win process.

This.

All the time panicking and confusing the sort of clubs and agents who want a deal but beat us in the brinkmanship games on the last day of the last window.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For future reference I'm NOT backing it.

Singing a fella from a Premier League team, is bad enough.
But I might even have seen this geezer play which is tantamount to sacrilegious.

For those reasons I'm out and shall booooooo him at every available opportunity.

He's now all set to be the leading goal scorer.

A novel move from the Board by singing to woo this fella, should give us an edge.

But too right. We should boo him, following in the long Albion tradition of stabbing our own in the back ..... Murray (at Withdean), Barnes, Lopez.

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Haha Benitez was the manager that froze out then sold alonso who went on to have numerous amazing seasons at the top level. I am not comparing Mitrovic with Alonso but please don't fall for the Benitez myth!

What do you mean the Benitez myth, as a manager he has won pretty much every trophy out there including the champions league! You point out one mistake he made but in general his record is incredible!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I know some of the top Turkish teams are tracking Mitrovic.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Exactly my point, we don't want to help strengthen one of our relegation rivals.

I get that could effectively do that but they would feel the same, not forgetting that whoever they bring in would not necessarily be a success as per any signing, that’s the nature of transfers. They don’t always work out but you gotta try based on what’s available to the club and it’s funds

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What do you mean the Benitez myth, as a manager he has won pretty much every trophy out there including the champions league! You point out one mistake he made but in general his record is incredible!

This. He has won major trophies, including La Liga against the might of Barca and Real.

Strange how there are Benitez dislikers on NSC. Believing propaganda on Redcafe or TheShedEnd?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Also worth noting he’s currently injured.

Hoping this is a decoy and we are making Celtic aware we are interested in other strikers due to their stance with the valauation of Dembele.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Also worth noting he’s currently injured.

Hoping this is a decoy and we are making Celtic aware we are interested in other strikers due to their stance with the valauation of Dembele.

Someone earlier in this thread posted a tweet showing he's back in training......not quite ready to hit the ground running though :moo:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Can't see us smashing our wage structure for him, or on the other hand, him taking a £20K/W paycut to come here. Not gonna happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone earlier in this thread posted a tweet showing he's back in training......not quite ready to hit the ground running though :moo:

They can't be alarm bells ringing, I guess I must have tinnitus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here