Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tottenham announced their home and away kits (Nike as well, so it can be done!) a couple of weeks back, and they were on sale online the next day. That is the market we are now playing in.

That's a strange way to look at it. We are not in the 'same market' as Spurs at all. That suggests somebody will go off and buy a Spurs shirt instead because ours isn't yet available. (No that I disagree at all, that the sooner they have them for sale, the better)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Back at school we had kids who couldn't afford the England kit (the best one, Admiral mid 70s) and so wore cheaper copies. Some parents may only to be able to afford the cheaper version, and if the kid(s) are moaning that they want the new kit then unfortunately the DelBoy route may be the only practical way ahead.

Ironically, the copies look a much higher quality than those from yesteryear, nylon aplenty and colour was appalling.

Sad, but possibly true in some cases.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
That's a strange way to look at it. We are not in the 'same market' as Spurs at all. That suggests somebody will go off and buy a Spurs shirt instead because ours isn't yet available. (No that I disagree at all, that the sooner they have them for sale, the better)

OK. Fair point. I am thinking about the Asian tourist in this example who comes to the UK for a holiday during the summer. Maybe not this season, but if we remain in the Premier League our global profile will build and that particular tourist may at some point make an arbitrary decision to buy a shirt dependent on what is available in Sports Direct (at some point you'd like to think they'd stock our nylon tat too!) at the time!

I work for Amex, and have global colleagues that are already keen to buy the shirt because they have an affiliation for the club based on our sponsorship!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where do you think t he legit shirt is manufactured then? Savile Row? I'm sure that almost every garment bearing the Albion logo starts life in some Far Eastern sweat shop.

In many ways, Nike has become even more transparent than its competitors about its labor practices, publishing a 108-page report revealing conditions and pay in its factories and acknowledging widespread issues, as well as a complete list of factories it contracted with.

To this day, Nike continues to publish public reports of conditions in its factories.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-nike-fixed-its-sweatshop-image-2015-6

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why are people so impatient? Nobody is going to go out and buy an old Brighton shirt in the meantime because they can't buy the new one yet. This season's kits will be the biggest sellers in the club's history. There's no rush!

"Goddammit Susan, I'm not going out in LAST SEASON'S shirt. All the other full grown men will LAUGH at me!"
"Why don't you just wear a T shirt Michael"
"But I want to wear a FOOTBALL SHIRT to the park. Brian's got a new Arsenal one"

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I do agree we should get the kit out earlier, lots of kids starting summer holidays and would want to get it to take away with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here