Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Premier League Club

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think it will be interesting to see how folk react to fans cheering the opposition scoring a goal.

a) Tut loudly
b) Ignore them
c) report them to the closest steward as away fans are not allowed in the home end

d) "accidentally" spill half a cup of hot chocolate down the back of their coat at the FA cup game v Arsenal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You wouldn't be supporting those clubs now because no they are shite and you like the sense of achievement when Arsenal do well..

Trust me, there is no sense of achievement with Arsenal at the moment :lolol:

Again, it would save a LOT of anger to just switch off from "following" them. It really would. It would probably save about two TV's per year :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I love to watch football, and if it's an exciting game I'm watching as a neutral, I could end up cheering for whoever, often both teams during the course of one match. But nothing would make me shout and jump up and down on the furniture as much as Steve Sidwell's "firework" goal did last November.

.....apart from seeing it live. It was an almost surreal experience.
Sidders got the ball just inside their half and had men free either side. To the shock and bewilderment of all around me, he suddenly launched the ball airborne. I was stunned....voices around me said...." What is he doin...." ..." What the feck....."...." ...Oh Sid....." ...the ball was now high in the air, way above the goal....time stood still. Out the corner of our eyes we saw the keeper scrambling back then stumbling and falling. As it landed in the back of the net, every breath in the away end was let out in one glorious explosion of joy, relief and surprise. And then the players were racing for the bench and Knocky's shirt. It was a truly wonderful moment and however well it was commentated on, believe me, there was no substitute for being there live.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Sidders got the ball just inside their half and had men free either side. To the shock and bewilderment of all around me, he suddenly launched the ball airborne. I was stunned....voices around me said...." What is he doin...." ..." What the feck....."...." ...Oh Sid....." ...the ball was now high in the air, way above the goal....time stood still. Out the corner of our eyes we saw the keeper scrambling back then stumbling and falling. As it landed in the back of the net, every breath in the away end was let out in one glorious explosion of joy, relief and surprise. And then the players were racing for the bench and Knocky's shirt. It was a truly wonderful moment and however well it was commentated on, believe me, there was no substitute for being there live.

Yup as soon as he hit it, we kinda knew it was in as we were right behind it!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Most if not all fans make noises when another side scores while drinking....whats New?

Of course, my point is people who openly support other teams, didn't seem to matter when it didn't impact on us, it would seem odd this year for a Spurs, Chelsea fan etc to be supporting another club in the same league, that's all.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Yes. You lucky thing!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The future belongs to the kids. If you're 12 years or over and brought up a Brighton fan, then it's beholden upon you to disown any parent who professes Albion to be their 'second' team. Long term, job done.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I know someone who grew up as a Liverpool fan but moved to Brighton when he was a teenager and became a Brighton fan, season ticket holder at Withdean and still one at the Amex BUT also still supports Liverpool equally although he can only watch about 5 of their games a season which he fits in when Brighton aren't playing.

I asked him about next season and he said he wants both teams to win their home games against each other.

He is going to be in bits on the last game of the season if they both need a win for something crucial!

Ahh true confession time - this could be my nightmare game - a Liverpool fan since 78 when King Kenny scored against Bruges! I am not looking forward to this game - I'm not sure I could have gone to see it at the Amex. At least I will never have to worry about Brighton playing Queen of the South!!

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Why would anyone have a 2nd team? You wouldn't marry the women you love but have a second wife that you never see in the flesh but sometimes Web cam with

But hypothetically if you did, and they were unexpectedly to meet one year, in fact to find themselves thrown together in a contest of physical supremacy - once at your place and at hers - straining every muscle, getting all sweaty and tiring each other out, while you watched eagerly... which one would you want to come first? I think that's the question.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
After all this I do have another team, Arundel FC. So what would happen if we both met in the Premier League or the Sussex County League ..... I don't think at the age of 55 I'll ponder that one too long!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
But hypothetically if you did, and they were unexpectedly to meet one year, in fact to find themselves thrown together in a contest of physical supremacy - once at your place and at hers - straining every muscle, getting all sweaty and tiring each other out, while you watched eagerly... which one would you want to come first? I think that's the question.

I that scenario I think I'd come first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here