Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough prosecutions

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I don't think that there was a culture of lots of fans turning up without tickets at that time. There would have been little prospect of getting in, so why bother. I would be amazed if there were many inside Hillsborough without tickets, and the fact that the inquest said that this was not the case makes me sure that there weren't.

The fact that it was overcrowded does not mean that there were lots of fans with no tickets. Only the centre pens were overcrowded, there was lots of space in the outside pens.

How old are you 5? Not a culture of fans turning up without tickets you crack on believing that crock of shit!

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
https://thegreatcritique.wordpress....ess-was-not-a-factor-and-this-is-how-we-know/

"This led to three possible attendance totals for the Leppings Lane terrace as a whole; –

Lowest possible number… 9,267

‘Best’ possible number… 9,734

Maximum possible number… 10,124

And it needs to be re-iterated that the total ticket allocation for the terrace was ten thousand one hundred."

There were probably a number of ticketless fans, but not enough to cause the disaster.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hmmm ..... now should I believe your idiotic guess or should I believe a highly experienced coroner ? Tough one.
So he counted them all did he?
If that's the case I believe the coroner :)
Everyone with half a brain knows that thousands upon thousands of ticketless fans travelled to big matches back then....We all did it !!!

You win the coroner counted all :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have I disputed this? All I'm saying is that there is no way the authorities would have had a clue if some fans had arrived ticketless, it was chaos.

So your knowledge and legal brain is better than the Coroner's inquest lawyers and evidence?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So the police and authorities checked every fan present is that what your telling me? Bearing in mind it was chaotic on the day in question.

What rubbish.....all massive games back then had bucket loads of ticketless fans.I would guess a good 5k minimum would have gone to that match from Liverpool alone.
Guess the coroner done a super job checking the many thousands of fans one by one:glare:

Should charge the many many ticketless fans as well.....Many scenarios contributed to this awful tragedy.

Many scenarios but this simply wasn't one of them and i'm insulted after 28 years you still believe that.

The jury in 2016 concluded NO to the 2 supporters behaviour questions
"Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused
or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?"
NO
"Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters
which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the
Leppings Lane turnstiles?" NO - including the presence of ticketless supporters
via https://hillsboroughinquests.indepe...neral-jury-questionnaire-FINAL-54004274_1.pdf

and they were asked to consider this when concluding the above.
" Whether or not some supporters at the Leppings Lane turnstiles behaved in a way which was
unusually forceful or resistant to police control.
 If so, whether or not such behaviour of supporters had any effect on the dangerous situation
which developed at the turnstiles.
 Whether or not there were significant numbers of supporters without tickets in the area of the
Leppings Lane turnstiles.
 If so, whether or not their presence or behaviour there had any effect on the dangerous
situation which developed at the turnstiles.
 Whether or not the numbers of supporters attending at the Leppings Lane end of the Stadium,
their arrival pattern and/or their behaviour were such as could not reasonably be foreseen by
experienced police officers.
 If so, whether or not these factors had any effect on the dangerous situation which developed
at the turnstiles"

and their verdict was NO.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Everyone with half a brain knows that thousands upon thousands of ticketless fans travelled to big matches back then....We all did it !!!

How many ticketless fans travelled to All Ticket big matches in the 80's. Did many Albion fans turn up to Highbury in 1983 expecting to get in without tickets?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How many ticketless fans travelled to All Ticket big matches in the 80's. Did many Albion fans turn up to Highbury in 1983 expecting to get in without tickets?

We had a big allocation that day and the crowd was 55k, and we are not Liverpool FC. Travelling without tickets was part of the culture back then, there's no hiding it

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We had a big allocation that day and the crowd was 55k, and we are not Liverpool FC. Travelling without tickets was part of the culture back then, there's no hiding it

Who is hiding it. There were fans without tickets at Hillsborough but it played no part whatsoever in the disaster. So why bring it up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looking forward to 'Sir Albion's explanation for the holocaust:

'The jews not entirely innocent; everybody knows what they are like' etc etc.

Disgusting moron.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Who is hiding it. There were fans without tickets at Hillsborough but it played no part whatsoever in the disaster. So why bring it up.

To be fair to nicko31, I was hiding it a bit by disputing that it happened in large numbers. I guess that I stand corrected.

However, it did not contribute to the disaster. There was plenty of space in the Leppings Lane end, but the way it was penned made it impossible to spread out when the centre pens become overcrowded.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Many scenarios contributed to this awful tragedy, FACT

and here they are. The causes of the disaster were divided into 14 questions for the jury to decide. ...The behaviour of the supporters, whether they had tickets or not was not one of them.

YES: Police Planning, Policing of the match at the turnstiles, policing of the match / the crush on the terrace, The decision to open the gates, defects in Hillsbrough stadium, licencing and oversight of the stadium, conduct of Sheff Weds FC on day of the match, before the match, conduct of the stadium engineers, emergency response and role of the south yorkshire police, the emergency response/ambulance service,
NO: Behaviour of the supporters,

via https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/26/14-questions-the-hillsborough-jury-must-answer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree with you on the six charged, but how on earth could the coroner establish the fact that there were no ticketless fans?

Because the number of tickets sold roughly tallied with the number of people there. The number of ticketless - no matter how many or how few - isn't the issue. It's the effect any ticketless fans had on the situation. The coroner established (as did Lord Justice Taylor) that the evidence weighted towards it being none.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here