Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May hopes to bring back fox hunting

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I don't really care, I don't live in the countryside and they don't affect my livelihood in anyway. So I don't see what it has to do with me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The British National Party in 2005 advocated:

– Severe cuts in immigration
– Leaving the EU
– Bringing back grammar schools
– Increased military spending
– More “security” and “strong leadership”
– Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights
– Reduce development aid

Apparently......

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Are you vegan mate?

As stated above, it's a far more complicated subject than simply asking that question. Bit of a cliché to be honest.

If you support fox hunting I wouldn't necessarily think you:

1) Support dog fighting.
2) Defend those who slaughter animals as a religious ceremony in public.
3) Play football with cats.

The reality is most people eat meat in this country and don't support fox hunting.

You've got to come up within something better than you can't have an opinion if you like a burger.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The British National Party in 2005 advocated:

– Severe cuts in immigration
– Leaving the EU
– Bringing back grammar schools
– Increased military spending
– More “security” and “strong leadership”
– Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights
– Reduce development aid

Apparently......

To be fair they did go a bit "green" at one point :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't really care, I don't live in the countryside and they don't affect my livelihood in anyway. So I don't see what it has to do with me.

Doesn't affect mine either, but the debate rarely reflects the truth.

I struggled to get accurate statistics when I did think around at the time of the ban, But let's say before the ban 21,000 foxes were killed a year by the hunt. 3,000 fox hounds were put down because they came to the end of their working life, they are not pets after all.

So for every 7 foxes you kill you need to put down a dog.

Seems an awful lot of hassle to me over a gun, especially with the fancy dress etc..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's fascinating politics at the moment. You've got an opposition that will never get in, but a Tory party who are quite obviously preparing to get utterly blown away in the future after a large majority.

Like the 80s/90s sped up with the use of that double speed record button you used to copy cassettes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. If you vote Tory, you vote for cruelty and abuse of our wildlife. They WILL repeal the Hunting Act and if you vote for them, it will be YOUR fault. Make no mistake, if you are against hunting with dogs, you have to vote against the Tories or you will be responsible for bringing back one of the worst acts of violence and cruelty against animals that this country takes part in. Don't then try to tell other countries about their cruelties; don't tell Spain about bull-fighting; don't tell Korea about farming dogs and boiling them to death; in fact, don't tell anyone about any cruelty because you are the same as them.

Yes but jeremy corbyn looks a bit scraggly.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Maybe the hounds could hunt the anti hunt protestors, who would be given rudimentary weapons?

Stream it via pay per view and use the money raised for the UK border force.

Win win.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I love the paradox in the fox hunting argument, " We don't kill many foxes,it's all about the chase"
Then it's" If you ban fox hunting, the countryside will be overrun by foxes"

So, The bloodthirsty wankers only kill really virile foxes, apparently.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love the paradox in the fox hunting argument, " We don't kill many foxes,it's all about the chase"
Then it's" If you ban fox hunting, the countryside will be overrun by foxes"
It's not a paradox, their argument is that chasing foxes around stops them settling and having a family.

How much truth there is in that I don't know, I'm anti blood-sport regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here