Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Pre-match Thread ****

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Setting off on the next few minutes. Will be in Jesmond tonight. Nice day for a drive.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Biggest crowd to see the seagulls since when? Play off final? I feel I'm missing something though.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Anybody know what strip we'll be wearing? I think this might be a time for the red third kit.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For your quiz question: which forward played just twice for Newcastle United before signing for the Albion in 1970 playing 50 games and scoring 8 goals,. He lost is place and was sold in the promotion season of 1971-72, (another ex-Newcastle United player being regular in the team) and a new club record signing of £25K (plus this player) from Tranmere Rovers taking his place?

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
For your quiz question: which forward played just twice for Newcastle United before signing for the Albion in 1970 playing 50 games and scoring 8 goals,. He lost is place and was sold in the promotion season of 1971-72, (another ex-Newcastle United player being regular in the team) and a new club record signing of £25K (plus this player) from Tranmere Rovers taking his place?

Alan Duffy?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Biggest crowd to see the seagulls since when? Play off final? I feel I'm missing something though.
It could be the biggest league attendance to watch the Albion. Man Utd in 1979 was 52,000 plus and Tottenham was 48,000 plus in 1978. Anymore than 52,600 plus will be the record. I was there at both games but sadly not tomorrow, watching on the box.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mitrovic and Gayle out for them
Are they? Could it be mind games by Benitez he is no fool,

100% out . Some rule about concussion or something .

If we win there what a statement , think would set us up . Win there win anywhere , great opportunity going into a break for us .

Winning would be absolutely huge and we have the players to do it .

Can't wait

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Newcastle has a tough match against Brighton and Hove Albion. The club faces off against former manager Chris Hughton, who was responsible for the club’s immediate rise to the Premier League nearly seven years ago. He’s now hoping to keep his club unbeaten in 18 league matches.

Let them have the headaches: http://newcastletoons.com/2016/08/26/expect-newcastle-united-plays-brighton/

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It could be the biggest league attendance to watch the Albion. Man Utd in 1979 was 52,000 plus and Tottenham was 48,000 plus in 1978. Anymore than 52,600 plus will be the record. I was there at both games but sadly not tomorrow, watching on the box.

The Spurs game was amazing crowd at the time. I was there although my view was somewhat restricted until the fighting started and then we could breathe.

I think at the time it had only been exceeded by a visit to St James Park in the thirties and a FA Cup Replay at Chelsea mid-sixties.

ChelseaProgramme_4306sm.jpg

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Apologies if this has been asked already but is this CH's first visit back to St James' Park since getting sacked?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just about to leave and we are having a SASTA moment on the Coastway West - trains cancelled all over place grrrrr

See you all up there for a night on the Toon

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They are missing a few players this evening which is always difficult. We've managed to fill the gap in the defence and are generally playing ok. Unless the lads freeze I think we can get something out of the game, hopeful rather than confident.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Apologies if this has been asked already but is this CH's first visit back to St James' Park since getting sacked?
Already been back a couple of times with Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here