Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You should post more information than that or don't post at all. Poor form.

Just pulled this form the Argus web site
http://www.theargus.co.uk/li/traffic.detail.9083213/?ref=ltp

Incident details

A27 Westbound entry slip road closed at A283 (Shoreham Flyover). No access onto the westbound A27, because of the ongoing investigations into the Shoreham Airshow jet crash. The main A27 westbound is down to one lane.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Just for the record, Bloom & Barber visited the site this afternoon and left a Brighton scarf. Difficult not to like Bloom, just so 'normal' kudos to them both.......

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Rumours is the found another body in the trees

Please think before you post on this thread. There are many people on this forum who have been closely affected by this tragedy. Sorry if I sound as if I am telling you off but as you may have guessed I have not been in the best of moods since this tragedy happened.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What have you posted this for?

It details road closure yesterday for A27 Westbound entry slip road closed at A283 (Shoreham Flyover). No access onto the westbound A27, because of the ongoing investigations into the Shoreham Airshow jet crash. The main A27 westbound is down to one lane.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It details road closure yesterday for A27 Westbound entry slip road closed at A283 (Shoreham Flyover). No access onto the westbound A27, because of the ongoing investigations into the Shoreham Airshow jet crash. The main A27 westbound is down to one lane.

That has been there since the road reopened? Those lanes have not been open since the accident?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That has been there since the road reopened? Those lanes have not been open since the accident?

Correct you can only go Westbound via the Holmbush Roundabout you cannot join at the flyover which is a good idea to prevent more queues as only one lane open west bound at present.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Rumours is the found another body in the trees

I am 99% sure that a 'rumour' is exactly what it is. "Very unlikely, no family reporting, and no smell at scene..." is what I was just told by someone that is *very* close to the situation...

I tend to deal in facts. It would be great if other people did too, especially in circumstances such as these.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pilot started his manoeuvre 200 metres above ground level when his licence stipulated 500 metres minimum according to initial report. :nono:

No faults with the aircraft seemingly.

One hesitates to pre-empt decisions still some way off but the pilot would seem to be, potentially at least, criminally culpable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pilot started his manoeuvre 200 metres above ground level when his licence stipulated 500 metres minimum according to initial report. :nono:

No faults with the aircraft seemingly.

One hesitates to pre-empt decisions still some way off but the pilot would seem to be, potentially at least, criminally culpable.

This statement is misleading if not just plain WRONG!

Preliminaryreport was not clear enough for me. And it wouldn't be for the full inquest with a jury.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This statement is misleading if not just plain WRONG!

Preliminaryreport was not clear enough for me. And it wouldn't be for the full inquest with a jury.

Keep speculation to yourself!
It is not speculation to report fact.
The report by the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) may be preliminary but is hardly uninformed and will form a central element of any determination subsequently made by the inquest among others.
Understand knee jerk criticism. In a percect world all would be blameless but where there is fault there have to be repercussions

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even if you're an aviation expert, I really don't think speculating, or just giving an opinion on who is at fault is really appropriate on a public forum while an inquiry is taking place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here