Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
QUOTE=Barrel of Fun;6159603]Was there a traffic expert on hand to offer advice and mediation? Of course one should point out the error of their ways.[/QUOTE]
Yeah sure point it out by all means but, call anyone a fuc**ng Pr**k and you'll be asking for a whack I would guess. Take that risk if you like, I'd be more polite myself...:whistle:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Hopefully the driver got arrested for Common Assault, his employers are made aware of the video etc. imbecile.
Why does everyone these days want everyone they don't agree with sacked? How about pointing out the cyclists aggression too to HIS employers? Maybe the cyclists boss owns a big AUDI...........

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why was it being filmed and who was filming it anyway?

Team car.

A lot of cyclists wear helmet cameras, for a variety of reasons. Some want the protection of video evidence, just in case; some do it once or twice so they can upload and show people how dangerous it is for cyclists on the road and how cars aren't the considerate innocents they are frequently portrayed as in the cyclist v driver debates; I suspect there may be one or two that do it just because they think the world wants to see their life, like people who post pictures of their meals on Facebook, etc

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Kind of depressing. Like the vast majority of cyclists I also drive a car and I wrongly assumed that whilst many people are happy to blanket blame cyclists, their blind spot to bad and aggressive driving, was down to an innate ability to disassociate themselves from the bad driving of others. It seems I was wrong.

No one comes out of this with any credit, but you simply can not drive like that in Central London. Passing through Farringdon, you can expect to maintain a steady 20 MPH, as is shown by the fact that a whole bunch of cyclists, are easily able to catch up and overtake the **** in the Audi. If he just chills out and tucks in behind the cyclists, it costs him nothing in terms of time and less in terms of petrol, as it is he provokes a reaction from another **** on the road, by driving aggressively for no real benefit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The bike man was a bit a bit of a dick in chasing after the car to call the driver a ****ing prick for nearly running over his foot. However, the driver is a massive dick for then assaulting him and should face a charge as well as getting points for effectively breaking a red light and general dangerous driving. Driving around in a 1Te block of metal at 30 mph brings more responsibility with it than cycling along with combined (soft) weight of approximately 100kg at half the speed.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Normally I'd go team car, but since the arrogant driver clearly started the bother by driving his car into the bike area at the previous lights, his number should be identified from the movie and he should be transported to Lundy.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
The motorist seems to think he is above the rules and accountability so he is in the wrong. But what was the cyclist expecting, an apology with flowers?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The bike man was a bit a bit of a dick in chasing after the car to call the driver a ****ing prick for nearly running over his foot. However, the driver is a massive dick for then assaulting him and should face a charge as well as getting points for effectively breaking a red light and general dangerous driving. Driving around in a 1Te block of metal at 30 mph brings more responsibility with it than cycling along with combined (soft) weight of approximately 100kg at half the speed.

Pretty much my thoughts. Both are idiots and should be send for anger management counselling.

But the driver is the bigger moron. I wouldn't want to be on the road on a bike or in a car when he's about. Clearly hasn't got much of a clue about driving responsibly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Look at the video again.

The driver is responding (badly) to the incredibly selfish behaviour of the cyclist.

The cyclist could and should have remained 2 abreast second in line.
He didn't, he positioned himself in front of the DRIVER, not the car the DRIVER, for no justifiable reason.

What carried on from that point is just 2 penis' being penis'.

I say again, everybody at that junction was happy and properly positioned until selfish cyclist arrived.

Oh and the violence isn't the driver it's his rear passenger.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As far as I'm aware that's not true, painted cycle lanes have absolutely no legal significance.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/archive/28403.aspx

The law that has been broken is not stopping at a red light because he has gone over the solid white line whilst the lights are red. On a driving test, entering a cycle box on a red light would be a fail!

It is not clear if he drove over the cyclists foot but if he did, it was only because the cyclist moved his bike back to be next to the car. Had he stayed where he was in the box then the driver wouldn't have got anyway near his foot. Fair enough for the cyclist to point out to the driver the error of his ways but the manner of the way he did it was provocative and he got a reaction from the passenger. Prosecute driver for going over a red light (technically), prosecute the passenger for ABH and the cyclist left with the stigma of being a completed dick on you tube!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

Pretty much my thoughts. Both are idiots and should be send for anger management counselling.

But the driver is the bigger moron. I wouldn't want to be on the road on a bike or in a car when he's about. Clearly hasn't got much of a clue about driving responsibly.

Correct. He shouldn't have entered that box. The cyclists have every right to use it. What the car driver did there was arrogant.
As a cyclist and a driver I see both sides. That driver is just typical of what you have to put up with on the road sometimes.

Whether these sorts of drivers like it or not, cycling is just going to keep on growing in this country. Soon it will be quicker to either use public transport or cycle at certain times of the day, so cycling might be one option they have to take up.
They can see what it is like on the other side.

I see some pathetic driving from people. Most of all they don't judge your speed, don't look, and don't give you priority when the sign clearly says give priority to oncoming traffic. They just see cyclists as a pain, somebody who should be on the pavement, somebody who should pay road tax, even though they don't realise lots of cyclists also own cars.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
It's worth noting the car and all other road users were positioned correctly, BEFORE Attitude Man appeared.

I disagreed with you on that thread and I'll do it again here. The cyclist was perfectly entitled to take the position he did in the bike box, so that he could be seen clearly and pull away from the traffic safely when the lights changed.

However, while he was legally entitled to do so it could possibly be considered poor etiquette. It's much like when you're in a car and a single lane briefly splits into two before merging again. The vast majority of people stay in the left hand lane, the cocks bomb down the right hand lane to cut in a few places ahead of where they started. Most of us consider that bad etiquette but it's perfectly legal and in fact exactly why the lane was built, otherwise why else would it be there?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

That video weakens cyclists cases I think. That guy often isn't cycling properly in the cycle lane, and seems to be looking for problems and infringements where there are none.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters

This is the reason I will voted car. I am sick as a pedestrian watching cyclists use the pavement when it suits or do u turns a junctions/traffic lights, ignore red lights and try to run me over when I am half way across a zebra crossing. You never see these little Hitlers filming other cyclists or telling them the errors of their ways. CCTV picks up car driving abuse. I don't agree with the self righteous attitude of those who ignore their own.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As far as I'm aware that's not true, painted cycle lanes have absolutely no legal significance.

I have just spend some time googling the law on this
cycle box no cars allowed by law
suppose that why is called a cycle box

Siney

Jan 22, 2008
Has no one noticed yet that it was not the driver who got out of the car, you can clearly still see him in the car, it was the passenger in the back seat.

D

Deleted member 22389

This is the reason I will voted car. I am sick as a pedestrian watching cyclists use the pavement when it suits or do u turns a junctions/traffic lights, ignore red lights and try to run me over when I am half way across a zebra crossing. You never see these little Hitlers filming other cyclists or telling them the errors of their ways. CCTV picks up car driving abuse. I don't agree with the self righteous attitude of those who ignore their own.

I don't ignore my own whether that be on my bike or in my car. You just have to cycle to see how bad it is. I never jump red lights, I signal way in advance to make sure drivers are aware of what I am going to do. I don't go on the pavement. I follow the highway code.

If the government said to me, please pay £20.00 a year to use the roads and we will build cycle lanes everywhere I would be happy to pay it, just to keep me away from some of these ********s on the road.

And its the same when I drive, some people should even be behind the wheel they way they tailgate people and cyclists should get off their bike if they are not going to follow the rules.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Has no one noticed yet that it was not the driver who got out of the car, you can clearly still see him in the car, it was the passenger in the back seat.

In which the assault is an unprovoked attack, since the cyclist's abuse is aimed at the driver, not him.

Three idiots instead of two doesn't make it any better.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Team bike. No excuse for the assault. The cyclist was in the right and, although his reaction was provocative to the driver, the driver should have just given him some verbal back if he felt unreasonably antagonised - not lamped him.

Never any excuse for violence in this kind of situation, really. I once sat on the jury for a road rage incident where a guy ended up punching another driver. He got sent down.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here