Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Sexist Censorship of NSC Moderators

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I started a thread earlier about men's grooming habits regarding their pubic region.

*http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?366822-Male-Grooming-Let-s-Talk-Pubes

The thread was swiftly moved to the "The Other Stuff" as it was possibly deemed too potentially offensive or embarassing for those of a more sensitive disposition. I have no problem with that in itself as long as there is a consistency with this policy but there clearly isn't. A few months ago a thread was started entitled, "Thread full of funny descriptions for a lady's private parts"

*http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-of-a-lady%92s-private-parts&highlight=Funny

That thread was left on The Big Board and allowed to run its course.

The difference between my thread and the other thread was my thread was targeted specifically at men with the subject offered for discussion being men. Although my thread was of a very personal and inquisitive nature there was nothing that was potentially offensive to anyone, men or women. It was moved nonetheless.

The other thread about lady's private parts was obviously targeted at men for their amusement at the expense and potential embarrassment of women. There was also plenty of potential for offensive content and inevitably it was posted by numerous posters. Much of the content on that board was rather distasteful as it was posted on a mixed board targeting one specific minority section of that board (women) as source of amusement for the other specific majority section of that board (men). No consideration was given to the potential for embarassment or discomfort to the female members of this board as it remained on The Big Board for eveyone to post their mainly vulgar content. I have no problem with vulgarity as long as it is all inclusive and not targeting anyone or group in particular while that group are mere spectators to the "hilarity" being dispensed at their expense.

So why was my thread moved when the other thread targeting women as the source of humour was left unchecked.

I believe there is a pervading and questionable element of sexism which determined how the two threads were dealt with.

Is it only ok to talk pubes on NSC if the pubes in question belong to women?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you have a point, but I'm not that bothered to be fair.

So, what have you done with your pubes,then?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Why, of all the planetary discussions available, would anyone want to start a conversation about pubes ?

Although the following thread is quite pertinent with its points.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OP over-analysing. And post dreary and over-long. Somebody's trying just a little too hard. And failing. Roll on the end of this latest shitty international break and the return to proper meaningful competitive football. And accompanying social intercourse...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
OP over-analysing. And post over-long. Roll on the end of this latest shitty international break and the return to proper meaningful competitive football.

Yeah. Roll on the top quality threads about flasks, Bong, negative tactics and Southern Rail.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I started a thread earlier about men's grooming habits regarding their pubic region.

*http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?366822-Male-Grooming-Let-s-Talk-Pubes

The thread was swiftly moved to the "The Other Stuff" as it was possibly deemed too potentially offensive or embarassing for those of a more sensitive disposition. I have no problem with that in itself as long as there is a consistency with this policy but there clearly isn't. A few months ago a thread was started entitled, "Thread full of funny descriptions for a lady's private parts"

*http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-of-a-lady%92s-private-parts&highlight=Funny

The difference between my thread and the other thread was my thread was targeted specifically at men with the subject offered for discussion being men. Although my thread was of a very personal and inquisitive nature there was nothing that was potentially offensive to anyone, men or women. It was moved nonetheless.

The other thread about lady's private parts was obviously targeted at men for their amusement at the expense and potential embarrassment of women. There was also plenty of potential for offensive content and inevitably it was posted by numerous posters. Much of the content on that board was rather distasteful as it was posted on a mixed board targeting one specific minority section of that board (women) as source of amusement for the other specific majority section of that board (men). No consideration was given to the potential for embarassment or discomfort to the female members of this board as it remained on The Big Board for eveyone to post their mainly vulgar content. I have no problem with vulgarity as long as it is all inclusive and not targeting anyone or group in particular while that group are mere spectators to the "hilarity" being dispensed at their expense.

So why was my thread moved when the other thread targeting women as the source of humour was left unchecked.

I believe there is a pervading and questionable element of sexism which determined how the two threads were dealt with.

Have to say I find moving the OP's post to Other Stuff a little puzzling - especially when there is a current post on the Big Board regarding Cat Shit! I am not sure why this was moved, or who it might offend on this board? Having said all that, weird thing to ask people!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think you’ve got them by the short and curlies there [MENTION=33745]marlowe[/MENTION].

Or not, as the case may be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Could’ve expressed this in a much trimmed-down post, but I’d agree. Not sure how it was offensive, and there was good potential for some humour there.......as it is, everyone should go straight the reviews for ‘Veet for Men’ if shaving is off topic.

https://www.amazon.com/Veet-Hair-Removal-Creme-200ml/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I seem to recall Bozza mentioning Google and their censorship, which results in warnings from them (and lost revenue). Maybe it's this? He said that he turned off Google on one of the forums so this didn't happen, and anything which would bleep their radar got moved into this 'ring-fenced' section... I could be wrong, but this seems logical.

As for the potential of horrendous Sexist Censorship... who the hell cares about that? It's a football chat forum, not the BBC.... The thread didn't offend me, I found it amusing, and don't care where it resides.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yes, very amusing. But I am pretty sure as said above this type of thread move is down to how NSC appears on Google searches and how that best generates revenue through ads to fund the site. Although, you know, you crack on with the sexism angle if you want...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here