Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Fans doing us proud from sound of things.

We've done fine, very difficult match-up today. Just the odd silly moment. We have to get used to getting beyond the 5th or 6th pass. Liverpool seem to be hounding us into our own mistakes rather than actually blocking or stealing a good pass, they 'encourage' us to make our own mistakes and we're just not used to it. Not seen much of Liverpool lately but expect most sides have the same woes.

Heads up and let's nick a lucky one or moment of magic in the 2nd half.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We’ve done ok so far and managed to get in some dangerous areas but not been able to get shots away. I know he messed up for the goal but having Bissouma in there has made a big difference. He’s been excellent so far.

Agreed. He has given us much needed pace and drive. Okay he made a mistake but the Mali lad is only 21. He looks a right prospect.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We’ve done ok so far and managed to get in some dangerous areas but not been able to get shots away. I know he messed up for the goal but having Bissouma in there has made a big difference. He’s been excellent so far.

Think we really put this to bed he didn't mess it up, he shouldn't have been given the ****ing ball with three closing him down in a very dangerous situation.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Looking again at the goal it's quite clearly Bissouma's first touch that creates the problem. Other than that Bissouma has played well and I think we've been competitive. Just unlucky we've been punished for that mistake.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We're doing well so far, certainly putting up more of a fight than we have done in our recent performances at Anfield. Shame about the mistake, Bissouma has done alright otherwise.

Keep it 1-0, get Ali J and Locadia on with 20 mins or so to go and there's always faint hope...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Balogun can take a lot of blame also. He could have cleared it.
All said in hindsight. Yes he could have lumped it to their centre back but it would have just come back and we haven't seen that rubbish in a few years now. Just accept a quality player made a mistake.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Think we really put this to bed he didn't mess it up, he shouldn't have been given the ****ing ball with three closing him down in a very dangerous situation.

100% agree , schoolboy error that should never happened .. normally 25 yards out defensive free kick why didnt Ryan take it and wack it down field keeping our defensive shape ????? puzzled to say the least

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think we have done well for it to only be 1-0, mostly thanks to Matty Ryan, not taking anything away from the rest of the team.

I like the way we are knocking the ball around, when we have it, and not hoofing it in their half to no one.

Our best chance of scoring looks to be corners but need to watch their counter which we managed to foil in the first half.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
True. He runs really awkward with the ball for some reason. Maybe just nervous.

Is that as he is drifting past the opposition leaving them behind?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can't believe some of the criticism of Bissouma. Let's not knock a 21 year old again who's just starting out in the Premier League. Give the lad a chance ffs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here