Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich City Accounts: Why Pritchard chose them instead of the Albion?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Norwich City published their accounts at 6am. The headline figures are (with Albion 2016 figures for comparison in brackets):

Income £75.3million (£24.6m)

Of which, parachute payments/broadcast income £50.5 million (£5.9m)

Gain on player sales £11.9 million (£1.2 m)

Loss before tax £3.1 million (£25.9m)

Staff costs £55.1 million (£27.4m)

Average weekly wage £28,200 (£14,000)

Cost of new players £19.9 million (£9.1 m)

Payoff to CEO who left because he couldn't agree with Delia £712,000 (NIL)

Severance payments to sacked manager and other staff £3.6 million (NIL)

Final position in table 8th (2nd (P))

That is all.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Plus, Pritchard obviously thought he would be back playing Premier League football more quickly by joining Norwich, than he would with the Albion.

Understandable from his point of view perhaps, with Norwich having only just been relegated.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision, and getting to the Premier League, and I'm just here now and can't wait to get started. I think it's the best option for me."

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What are the details of the relegation clause ?

Gross had a relegation clause in his contract from memory so when Ingolstadt went down, he could leave for only £3 million (or something like that). Given he had created the most chances in the Bundesliga the previous season, I imagine he would have cost significantly more without the clause.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Gross had a relegation clause in his contract from memory so when Ingolstadt went down, he could leave for only £3 million (or something like that). Given he had created the most chances in the Bundesliga the previous season, I imagine he would have cost significantly more without the clause.
Oh I see what you mean. I thought you meant in his contract with us !

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision, and getting to the Premier League, and I'm just here now and can't wait to get started. I think it's the best option for me."

That went well didn't it!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

He must regret not signing for us every day of his miserable life.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No, that was the players being half-pissed for 2 games and thinking Bristol City would roll over..........................

Errrr no, I think that was more down to a certain goalkeeper now plying his trade in the West Midlands, and is another player who is probably rueing a decision he made at the end of last season!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

Of course it was.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As Norwich's parachute money ends eventually, with a promotion unlikely in a hellish league to exit, I expect Pritchard to leave sooner rather than later.

If we manage to stay up, is he someone that could add to our squad and play well in the PL?

(I don't have Sky Sports, so I haven't watched him play).

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision, and getting to the Premier League, and I'm just here now and can't wait to get started. I think it's the best option for me, I mean, have you seen the size of my wallet now? You could kill a small bear if you luzzed it just right."

Fixed that for you.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I sort of agree

Pritchard doesn't strike me as someone who can tell the difference between a set of ''Accounts'' and a restaurant ''Menu''

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here