Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Views sought on upcoming Palace fixture

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Any particular reason?

Aside from your perverted obsession with following me around the board like a lame, lost puppy, what I do on my own time is absolutely none of your business. Who gave you the right to comment on that?

Jesus, what a pointless prat.
Not invited then?

:lolol:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The stairs up to the coach park, and the coach park itself, are a potential problem if all fans let out together.

With so many coaches together, it becomes a warren of small alleys and anything can happen in there when the police aren't in view. IMO there needs to be proper segregation of coaches for this one.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This, like they did with us with the trains, marched us with horses to the trains made us get on them even when people had taken cars and parked locally and they would not let anyone get their cars. Perhaps we could herd them to another railway station (not falmer) further away like they did to us!

What law, Act of Parliament, gives the police the powers to force individuals to board a train ???

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
As a serious suggestion only allow palace fans in with a ticket. They can only get a ticket when on a coach - the coach drives up to the away end and disgorges it's load of scum straight into the ground. Afterwards the coaches draw up to the away end and palace fans get on after a 30 minute delay and then drive away. A mate of mine is a Cardiff fan and they did this on a few occasions when coming into London and it was quite successful.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope my VERY serious points are being taken VERY seriously. Just to show how these things should be done, watch from about 25 seconds...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Remember the 5-0 at Selhurst - how long did they keep us in for? I think it was literally 7pm by the time we got to Norwood Junction.

It was certainly about an hour in the ground and then being kettled all the way down to Norwood Junction by lots of coppers wearing balaclavas. The next games they erected a temporary wall at the top of Holmesdale Road to prevent their fans from getting at us -that was better. Perhaps Sussex police could borrow the temporary wall and put it in front of our goal to prevent any unpleasantries !
The most sensible solution would have been not to have an evening kickoff when people from both camps can get pi$$ed up before a game - Sunday lunchtime would have been much better

D

Deleted member 2719

What law, Act of Parliament, gives the police the powers to force individuals to board a train ???

You tell me, all I know is they were aggressively forcing the Albion fans to board the train with their horses even with kids and women involved but the MET really didn’t give a shit.

kjgood

I regret that both clubs and the police need to take special measures for these games, its not the 70's now. But as someone else has said the Cardiff/Swansea 'Bubble' has worked well for years and the distance between us and Palace (45.8 miles) isnt that much different than Cardiff to Swansea (42.9 miles)

Cardiff and Swansea away fans only get thier ticket when they are aboard the coach from their home ground and the coaches are on the road, there are no pre-posted out tickets, no fans with tickets on trains or in cars. No issues of opposing fans with tickets in pubs or running amoke in town. No problems at either Falmer or Brighton station or on the trains, off the coaches into the ground and the reverse to leave. this isnt a difficult thing to manage the model has been in use for years Obviously those without tickets who just want to go and fight will still go, but the risk is minimised.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking at the Nigels fixture list before they come here:
Spurs (a)
Everton (h)
Stoke (h)

I'd be delighted if we could make this the guest ale for their end:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is that your genuine belief? Or was it said for comedic effect?

Yep. We tried treating them like human beings and it hasn't worked very well in their case. Do what they do to us when we go up there and treat them like animals. I know it's against our standard away policy which works very well but they are an excpetion and should be treated as such. Minimum they should be kept in for 30 minutes after the final whistle.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's a difficult one, as The Amex transport system makes it hard to keep fans apart on places like Park and ride queues, train queues etc..

Yes, you can herd fans to a football special etc. but for those who travel independently it will be difficult.

As for keeping them in, it would have to be for an hour and a half after the game if yesterday is anything to go by.

I'm sure the police are aware that a lot of palace fans will be in Lewes pre match rather than Brighton.

Treat them as they treat us. Even the Liz Costa Love Bus wasn't allowed to set off for over an hour after the game last time I went. Keep them locked in. Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here