Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you think Bong played ok today?

A fan in section D of the north stand, was fuming with Bong for the entire ninety minutes. Calling for Bong the :wanker: to be hauled off.

Then on Radio Sussex about ten minutes after full time, the first fan they spoke to, angrily wanted "Bong out. A shocking performance"

Picked up a bit of a Bong hate-fest on Twitter after today’s game. Really don’t get it - works very well with Izquierdo for me.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes he played well. Let's start a thread saying if any of the other 10 players who played today, played well or not. Gets boring picking on players. Leave the bloke alone ridiculous.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

I rate Bong by the way.

The last time I saw such hatred was from someone in WSU who couldn't stand David Lopez. In the end he got a stadium ban because he got very abusive.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Picked up a bit of a Bong hate-fest on Twitter after today’s game. Really don’t get it - works very well with Izquierdo for me.

Yeah this.

He was outstanding last week and decent today.
The partnership with Izquierdo looks to be developing nicely.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I rate Bong by the way.

The last time I saw such hatred was from someone in WSU who couldn't stand David Lopez. In the end he got a stadium ban because he got very abusive.
I really cannot work it out, how he gets so much negative comment, and others who maybe deserve a negative response relating to their match performance are some what forgotton and no mention at all. As you say real hatred. Odd hey. Although probably most have never kicked a football!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really cannot work it out, how he gets so much negative comment, and others who maybe deserve a negative response relating to their match performance are some what forgotton and no mention at all. As you say real hatred. Odd hey. Although probably most have never kicked a football!

Is it just a noisy 1%?

In the past I recall unabated dislike of Murray at Withdean and Barnes at the Amex.

Thank god these are positive sportsman who blank out the haters.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Is it just a noisy 1%?

In the past I recall unabated dislike of Murray at Withdean and Barnes at the Amex.

Thank god these are positive sportsman who blank out the haters.
Yes you are probably right, and they stay fully focussed on what they want to achieve. Somebody near to me has gone from abusing Greer, Barnes, Sidwell and now onto Bong - North stand!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bong is the new Barnes, was definitely no worse than others around him however was getting pelters from a few around me.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
This. He’s an excellent LB.
"Hear Hear".
As well as being an excellent fullback, he is always first with the goal celebrations, passionate, a winner, and is a complete team player. Really enjoys the team camaraderie.
I often agree with much of your team analyse, or player comments.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bong did okay again, very little got past him, but just makes mer nervous when he has time on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Hear Hear".
As well as being an excellent fullback, he is always first with the goal celebrations, passionate, a winner, and is a complete team player. Really enjoys the team camaraderie.
I often agree with much of your team analyse, or player comments.

I really like Bong. Love the way he jockeys attackers away and doesn’t commit himself. Almost always leads to them backing off. I think CH likes to work with partnerships. It’s Bong and Jose, or Marcus and Solly (with Bruno and Knocky on the other side). To be honest I don’t think there is much between them - very happy if any of those are starting. Great to have that depth in the squad.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Bong did okay again, very little got past him, but just makes mer nervous when he has time on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought he was poor first half today, although so we're plenty others. Probably noticed it more as he was close to us in the North 1st half. Looked good enough 2nd half and didn't deserve any vitriol. What I found frustrating is that we seem to have no desire to use Jose's pace. All the balls were played into his feet rather than over the top of the full back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was surprised when he came in and unseated Suttner but has been very solid and impressive in both games worthy of his place

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Doesn't make mistakes, players rarely get past him, links well with Izquierdo and goals rarely come down his side. What more do people want?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought he was poor first half today, although so we're plenty others. Probably noticed it more as he was close to us in the North 1st half. Looked good enough 2nd half and didn't deserve any vitriol. What I found frustrating is that we seem to have no desire to use Jose's pace. All the balls were played into his feet rather than over the top of the full back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good point - we said exactly this during the game. Was crying out for a chip over the top.......he’s got the pace to beat anyone (as he showed a few times). Christ he is RAPID.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bong hater behind me was on him in 60 seconds. I thought he was good today. Wonder if his critics might be just a little r***st :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here