Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few snippets I heard today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So, I pass on some things that were said to me. Reproduced as told for discussion on of all things a football discussion site? Get flamed, because the content may or may not be true. Yep, NSC at its usual level.

So you are saying that because people don't believe the information you heard that you have a problem with NSC. Presumably you'd think NSC was great if everyone believed the stories. That's not how forums operate.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
So, I pass on some things that were said to me. Reproduced as told for discussion on of all things a football discussion site? Get flamed, because the content may or may not be true. Yep, NSC at its usual level.

It's a football forum, and you submitted a contentious post passing on some information that contradicts stuff that is already public domain and has been subject to months of cross-examination and analysis on NSC and in the local and national media. I winced when I read the content and felt necessary to give an alternative viewpoint, which I contend is much closer to the truth.

I know you are 'only the messenger' but suggest that you have to take most responsibility for the range of responses you prompted, clearly from your 'NSC at its usual level' statement you already knew what to expect. So it should not come as a surprise to you that many respondents discredited the information you passed on from the original source. I feared you might get totally flamed but now feel you should take some comfort that despite the less than complimentary responses by some (but not all - and not as crushing as I suspected they might have been) - you also attracted many objective and considered responses. Better to generate a discussion, than see your post ignored.

albionite

May 20, 2009

No you are getting flamed because you posted rumours that is clearly bollocks as you knew it would get a reaction.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You may have 'heard' something but having met Gus several times face to face and watched him with the team several times, I have a completely different opinion. I also know/knew several members of staff.

But that just goes to show how anyone can write a load of guff on here and people believe it. Now, in that statement, I'm not saying that the OP's facts are false, as much as I can't prove the validity of what I was told, but clearly both of these SAUCES can't be wholly accurate.

I'd still like to know how GP was 'treated badly', too, if the OP would shed any light on that. To have be dismissed for gross misconduct – and to subsequently lose an appeal – he can't have been squeaky clean in the whole matter.

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
So you are saying that because people don't believe the information you heard that you have a problem with NSC. Presumably you'd think NSC was great if everyone believed the stories. That's not how forums operate.

Don't have a problem with NSC at all. Just the usual taking everything out of context that grates. I got flamed when I also said that Orlandi would not be offered a contract, par for the course.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not at the mix, just passing on what I was told today. It is second hand but came from a source identified with the club.

1. Apparently Poyet was badly treated by the club over his eventual sacking.
2. When the club thought Poyet was leaving for Reading, they approached Barry Lloyd to take temporary charge, he declined due to ill health.
3. Upson was offered a deal by the club to stay but it was 'derisory'.
4. PIG wanted to stay, but was not offered any type of deal.

I wont reveal my source, so don't ask. I'm not sure I believe it all, just putting it out there.

I think I know your source and I would pinch of salt it as a very biased view.

But that just goes to show how anyone can write a load of guff on here and people believe it. Now, in that statement, I'm not saying that the OP's facts are false, as much as I can't prove the validity of what I was told, but clearly both of these SAUCES can't be wholly accurate.

I'd still like to know how GP was 'treated badly', too, if the OP would shed any light on that. To have be dismissed for gross misconduct – and to subsequently lose an appeal – he can't have been squeaky clean in the whole matter.

And to have not been paid a penny in compensation, unless BHA's auditors are liars of course. This is all in the public domain and should be known to anyone who's taken even a cursory interest in the Albion over the last year or so. Posting something contradictory without any attempt to support it is just pointless and adds nothing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Jesus give the guy a break. He is just posting what he has heard and said himself that it might not be 100 per cent. I think all the bad comments are out off order. It is a forum for all views and if you think what the op has posted is bullshit then why not have a reasonable debate with him rather than posting piss taking comments.

Some get upset because they never hear anything. My son was told by a current 1st teamer not to expect big name signings but lower league ones as FFP taking its toll and any money made will be paying off debt

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
1. I dont know any facts, but my opinion is this has some truth to it.
2. Seems unlikely other than the fact Lloyd is very good friends with the Blooms. If Poyet, Oatway, Tanno all left with three or four games to go, who else could they turn to?
3. Derisory? Perhaps compared to what Leicester could offer, but we didn't get promoted, they did. Should we pay premiership wages whilst in the Championship and not worry about FFP? I don't think so.
4. I'm surprised we didn't offer something. Whilst he probably wouldnt have accepted it is a little odd. Maybe though they wanted to avoid a repeat of the Murray and Upson situation where an offer that was always going to be declined was rumoured to be "derisory". Why offer if you KNOW it will be turned down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4. I'm surprised we didn't offer something. Whilst he probably wouldnt have accepted it is a little odd. Maybe though they wanted to avoid a repeat of the Murray and Upson situation where an offer that was always going to be declined was rumoured to be "derisory". Why offer if you KNOW it will be turned down.
Esp if that offer is only going to be used as leverage.
Making the offer would also stop us from 'window shopping' his replacement.

It would seem fairly straight forward:-

If you want to stay with your current employer, don't, I repeat, DON'T, whore yourself to their competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here