Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I guess it's too early to draw any real conclusions, but I'm not feeling optimistic.

I must admit - I just don't get the ongoing drive to have the thinnest phone, so much so that on the 6 the camera lens protrudes.

I would happily choose a phone that is 2mm thicker if that translated into increased battery life, and 2mm would make a massive difference.

I hate reading "if Steve were alive" comments.... but if Steve were alive, there isn't a chance in hell that camera would stick out from the body. Like you, I'd have preferred a flush camera and a bigger battery in exchange for the odd millimetre or two.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
My space grey 64gb arrived at 8.05am so a bit late for work (and not getting much done!) and it was all set up via iTunes by 8.20!
Very pleased, big improvement on my 5 and just the right size. Glad I didn't get a + as it would be too big

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mine is due to arrive between 12:41 and 1:41. Best get as much work as I can done before then as I won't be doing much afterwards.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I've decided to NOT go and pick up the iPhone 6 Plus I have on reservation at Brighton, although it seems there's an easy £200+ to be made by picking it up and chucking it straight on eBay as the Apple Store is now quoting a 3-4 week lead time.

However, I am disappointed to read that the iPhone 6 battery life is no different to iPhone 5/5S in early reviews. The extra battery and optical stabilisation in the 6 Plus would be very welcome but I just don't think I want a phone that big to use all the time.

Wow they really know how to improve technology and look after customers over there at apple! Why not just buy a second battery and swap them over if you need to?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow they really know how to improve technology and look after customers over there at apple! Why not just buy a second battery and swap them over if you need to?

Like on these flagship Android phones?

Motorola Moto X - sealed and fixed battery
HTC One (M8) - sealed and fixed battery
Sony Experia Z3 - sealed and fixed battery
Google Nexus 5 - sealed and fixed battery

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/apple-iphone-6/

"The Bad / In early tests, the iPhone 6's battery doesn't fare any better than last year's model. Some Android phones fit an even-larger 5-inch screen into the same size frame. It lacks the optical image stabilization of the bigger, more expensive 6 Plus."

http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/apple-iphone-6/2/

"Battery life In the quest to create a super-thin iPhone, maybe Apple should have thought about a thicker iPhone with better battery life instead. Apple's claims are about an hour more Wi-Fi and LTE Web browsing, an hour more video playback, 4 hours more talk time, and 10 hours more audio playback than the iPhone 5S.

Our CNET video-loop battery test, which tests playback of a CNET video with Airplane mode on and screen set to half brightness, lasted 10 hours and 38 minutes, versus 11 hours on the iPhone 5S (running iOS 7). We'll be running that test a few more times, so stay tuned for a final battery score. My casual use, doing downloads, heavy Web browsing, endless social-media checks, photos, video streaming, and all the stuff I normally do on my iPhone, showed the same type of battery drain I've gotten used to on the iPhone 5S. It's enough to hang in for a chunk of the day, but it's not the all-day-plus battery life I wanted on a new iPhone."
Not good enough....

Gotta say I've switched from iPhone 5 to s5 and I'm absolutely loving the experience. There is nothing you can't do on the s5 that can be done on iPhone.

The battery life is a solid 25% longer and the fact that I can switch battery at any time is brilliant.

Will not be going back to apple any time soon.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The battery life is a solid 25% longer and the fact that I can switch battery at any time is brilliant.

You're not quite comparing like with like there. Look at the size difference. The s5 should last a lot longer than 25% more. The real comparison would be the s5 to the 6 Plus.

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 11.41.11.png

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You're not quite comparing like with like there. Look at the size difference. The s5 should last a lot longer than 25% more. The real comparison would be the s5 to the 6 Plus.

View attachment 58744
No i would imagine the real comparison would be a middle ground between the 6 and 6+

At least with the s5 I can use with one hand .... No way the 6+ is a one handed device.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hate the Idea of Huge phones, I have an I-Phone 5 and wouldnt want it any bigger, I Like being able to type just using one hand anything bigger and I would struggle.

I would be tempted to go for the HTC-1 Mini and I hope Apple decide to do a mini version further down the line.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My 6 has arrived and I can already confirm it's the best phone ever.

I'll take it out of the box when I get a few minutes.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've got my 6+ and it is simply beautiful, it is quite big but it just doesn't feel massive, its light and the screen quality is awesome.
Even though the size of it I can still easily use it with one hand as the keypad screen is exactly where it needs to be.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
How noticeable is the size difference between your new one and the 5S?

My 6 has just arrived and it is noticably bigger than the 5s but not enough to make it a BIG phone. Just about right I'd say. Don't think I'd have got on so well with the 6 plus as I tihnk this is at the limit for me size wise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How noticeable is the size difference between your new one and the 5S?

My 6 has just arrived and it is noticably bigger than the 5s but not enough to make it a BIG phone. Just about right I'd say. Don't think I'd have got on so well with the 6 plus as I tihnk this is at the limit for me size wise.

I'd concur. This photo looks a bit odd due to the iPad mini camera not being central on the back, but I laid the 5 exactly on top of the 6.

It doesn't feel too big, and certainly isn't heavy, in the hand.

Did I read that increasing the screen from 4" to 4.7" actually represents an increase in screen size of 40%?

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 265

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]3W4bZX70C8o[/yt]

He's laughing about it, but you know that inside, his little heart has just been torn in half.

D

Deleted member 18477

I can get 2/3 days use out of my phone on 1 charge and I use it often, most of my friends are charging there iPhones after similar use on the same day

Not a chance in hell you can get 2/3 days worth of life out of one charge on any smart phone if you use it often. I've had iPhones and Samsungs and a day max is the limit from one charge and that's using it purely for texting and phone calls.

You must still be using a Nokia 3310!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here