Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Always thought he was out of his depth in the championship.

Now he's starting in the premiership im a little baffled.

I know his stats and match ratings always seem to be decent but I never see it myself.

Does anyone see something in him that I'm missing?

Shouldn't you be getting behind the team instead of criticising individual players?? I think Jamie adds to a game and we are in a total different scenario being in the Premiership so it will take time for any of the players to adjust. We should be getting behind the team not finding fault.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shouldn't you be getting behind the team instead of criticising individual players?? I think Jamie adds to a game and we are in a total different scenario being in the Premiership so it will take time for any of the players to adjust. We should be getting behind the team not finding fault.
When has NSC ever not found fault ? The knifemen already target Bong, Skalak and Hemed, so why should others be immune ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
When has NSC ever not found fault ? The knifemen already target Bong, Skalak and Hemed, so why should others be immune ?

Yes but we are a different ball game now! The team needs to gain confidence and IMO we should be getting behind them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes but we are a different ball game now! The team needs to gain confidence and IMO we should be getting behind them.
I agree in general, but because of the merciless targeting of Bong, Skalak and Hemed by the NSC knifemen then surely, to be even handed, the rest of the squad isn't immune from comment ? ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Surely only an issue if they come on NSC?

I don't hear much groaning at games only support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'll be honest, he's never been my favourite player, but he is actually only a back up. Had Brown not been injured, then Murphy would have been on the bench. It's his role as a 20 min sub which is where he adds most value in my view. he works well against tired defences and stretches the play well on the break whilst also providing defensive cover.

Realistically, and I'm likely to be wrong, but I see our LW order in this order from now as Izqiuerdo, March/Brown, Murphy, Skalak/Achennach.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There is serious debate going on about individual players, as there always has been and there always will be. After two games, it is apparent which players, at present, have appeared to struggle to adapt to a higher level. It is healthy and natural to want to discuss these individuals and to see what the consensus is. Are they going to improve or or they going to need replacing?
There appears to be quite a high level of sensitivity on this forum regarding any criticism of the team at all, almost as if they deserve a free pass because of what they achieved last season and who they have played so far. I can understand this feeling, to some extent and after two games it is far too early to predict the future outcome but there are still facts that have to discussed.
1) The team has made too many mistakes, thus far, for anyone to be comfortable with.
2) None of the ' new ' signings have hit the ground running and none look totally comfortable at PL level, at present.
3) No one can currently say that they have absolute faith in our new goalkeeper, possibly the key position for a newly promoted club.
4) Some of last seasons key players have not started well at this level.
5) Not enough players at the moment look immediately comfortable at this level. Possibly less than half the team.
6) The manager has appeared to adopt a fairly defensive outlook thus far but is this down to the team still being crafted and opposition encountered so far?
All this is worthy of debate and analysis. We are all desperate to survive at this level, having worked so hard to get here but it shouldn't stop constructive criticism and dialogue. We all have differing opinions. There is no shame in that. No team, even if they are world beaters should be above criticism. It is about constant improvement. As players and as fans. Both are on a steep learning curve and both are making mistakes but none of us will learn from them unless there is open and honest debate.

Great post.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'll be honest, he's never been my favourite player, but he is actually only a back up. Had Brown not been injured, then Murphy would have been on the bench. It's his role as a 20 min sub which is where he adds most value in my view. he works well against tired defences and stretches the play well on the break whilst also providing defensive cover.

Realistically, and I'm likely to be wrong, but I see our LW order in this order from now as Izqiuerdo, March/Brown, Murphy, Skalak/Achennach.

Not sure he's any worse than Brown.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think there are some posters that just think it's about enjoying the ride and what will be will be. I doubt TB has the same attitude and he is clearly willing to spend reasonable amounts to ensure we have a fighting chance of being here next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely only an issue if they come on NSC?

I don't hear much groaning at games only support.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure (ESL), although I guess it's a chicken and egg scenario.

Certain players are readily audibly groaned at, for the slightest mistake, while others can do no wrong.
As said I have no idea if it's the game spilling onto here or visa versa, but I'll hazard a guess it's a bit of both.

I'm all for criticism but repeatedly targeting the same players on here, saying the same things while blindly refusing to accept their strengths, has to be counterproductive.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Certain players are readily audibly groaned at, for the slightest mistake, while others can do no wrong.
As said I have no idea if it's the game spilling onto here or visa versa, but I'll hazard a guess it's a bit of both.

I'm all for criticism but repeatedly targeting the same players on here, saying the same things while blindly refusing to accept their strengths, has to be counterproductive.

Re last para, don't agree with you (sorry). How can it be counterproductive? We're just 'muppets from the stand', all with an opinion.

Inevitably we all have our favourites and villains, and therefore the good and bad for certain players will always be exaggerated.

I rarely hear people having a go audibly, though admittedly I have in the past, last one was Gardner, perceived lack of effort as two opponents jogged by him.....

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate

Not sure I agree completely. Whilst some players (like Ashley Barnes previously) get a reputation and harshly judged most people on this forum are praising the players being discussed like Murphy for his good qualities but some stating it's still not good enough for the standard we need and expect if we are to be competitive.

What's the point of the forum if we don't debate and critic the team? If this was always a love in it would get boring and we'd all end up watching Eastenders every night instead.

And if people don't like a discussion why not just start another thread and ignore this one?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree to an extent, but Brown seems to be preferred over Murphy when fit. It's not necessarily about who is better, just who I feel in above whom in the pecking order.

Really don't think either will start longer term.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure I agree completely. Whilst some players (like Ashley Barnes previously) get a reputation and harshly judged most people on this forum are praising the players being discussed like Murphy for his good qualities but some stating it's still not good enough for the standard we need and expect if we are to be competitive.

What's the point of the forum if we don't debate and critic the team? If this was always a love in it would get boring and we'd all end up watching Eastenders every night instead.

And if people don't like a discussion why not just start another thread and ignore this one?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You've clearly not read my post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here