Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whether or not Wood was right for us it is still disappointing to see another suggested transfer target get away. Why do we seem to have such difficulty signing up strikers?

So you would like to see us sign every suggested player, whether they are right for us or not. Interesting philosophy ???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I REALLY like Chris Wood but I'm not certain he would have suited the style of striker we probably need at the moment.

However, for Burnley, he is basically the exact model of a striker they would need. That's a great signing.
I agree. Hes a good player but with Murray and hemed what would be the point of signing wood. It seems clear they want a strong target man with pace and hopefully we'll get one

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think Wood was the answer but I do believe that we need an upgrade on Hemed and Murray in addition to those two plus possibly a speedy striker in the Baldock role. I wonder if a fit and healthy James Wilson could do the job, not the one we saw at the end of his loan with us. Where is Lingard in the Mouriniho pecking order?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Whether or not Wood was right for us it is still disappointing to see another suggested transfer target get away. Why do we seem to have such difficulty signing up strikers?

Possibly because we might not have even been interested in him. He's not the one that got away if he wasn't wanted in the first place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My first thoughts are that he's not good enough for this level and that WBA binned him off for that reason. That said, he scored against the Albion AND Newcastle last season so actually I'm not so sure.

Like Barnes, he's not mobile or quick but is strong and knows where the goal is. What this means is that Burnley now have cover up front for if either Barnes or Wood is injured - they won't have to completely reconfigure the way they play based on who is available to lead the line.

So a good signing for them I think, but he was never the type of player we need here.

Jan 10, 2014
Not really impressed with this signing myself.

£15 plus million for what we have already.

Got to trust the strawberry blond baldy bouncer though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Possibly because we might not have even been interested in him. He's not the one that got away if he wasn't wanted in the first place.

Hence why I said suggested target. I don't have a clue as to whether or not we were seriously in for him. However, my point is more aimed at our difficulty in acquiring strikers. Ulloa and Murray were doubtless great signings but that's two really effective strikers signed over a four year period. Given that we all knew we were coming up to the Premier League it's not unreasonable to hope we would have landed another striker before now (we've certainly been unlucky with Brown). There's still time and I'm sure the club are working hard to bring one in but we seem to be able to acquire defenders, midfielders and wingers with aplomb. It's strikers that seem to be difficult and I'm sure I'm not the first to have suggested that on this thread over the years.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Hence why I said suggested target. I don't have a clue as to whether or not we were seriously in for him. However, my point is more aimed at our difficulty in acquiring strikers. Ulloa and Murray were doubtless great signings but that's two really effective strikers signed over a four year period. Given that we all knew we were coming up to the Premier League it's not unreasonable to hope we would have landed another striker before now (we've certainly been unlucky with Brown). There's still time and I'm sure the club are working hard to bring one in but we seem to be able to acquire defenders, midfielders and wingers with aplomb. It's strikers that seem to be difficult and I'm sure I'm not the first to have suggested that on this thread over the years.

You forgot Baldock and Hemed, both of whom got into double figures last season. Not to mention Baldock's overall contribution to the shape of our attack.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

And the BHAFC Facebook Group has a link from SkySports saying we've agreed a deal for Dwamena. As you were gents. I'm a colossal bell end and I know nowt. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here