Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you tried reading the piece,you uber-muppet,you will see that those figures are just from the SECOND Boer War.Nice try,but you just dig yourself in a bit more each time.Give up while you just look stupid.

Oh no, I would like to keep going if you don't mind.
The second Boer war is the one most people just call The Boer War. Muppet.
The first one was minor in comparison, deaths of British Soldiers in combat was far higher than Boer combatants, British deaths were in the hundreds, Boer deaths in the tens. Fighting lasted about 80 days, There were only around 1800 British Soldiers in the Transvaal at the time, and a lot of these were stuck in Forts under siege and took no real part in fighting.
It is only really worth mentioning at all as it laid the ground for the main one.
There were no concentration camps, and the only mention of disease was in a fort under siege because the British refused to surrender for 3 months.
Want to give up, muppet, whilst you just look stupid?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Surely not a surprise that EU fanboys are also big on historical relativism. Anything that denigrates or diminishes GB/UK reputation is a plus.

It is one of your muppets that is now drawing comparisons to the Third Reich in an attempt to make the Empire look not quite so bad. But of course, it is us that are big on historical relativism.
It was also one of your muppets that mentioned the Empire in the first place, as an example of Brits making Britain great through their own hard work.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is one of your muppets that is now drawing comparisons to the Third Reich in an attempt to make the Empire look not quite so bad. But of course, it is us that are big on historical relativism.
It was also one of your muppets that mentioned the Empire in the first place, as an example of Brits making Britain great through their own hard work.
And you seriously believe that the Third Reich does not, by comparison, make the Empire look 'not quite so bad'?

Wow!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You said those names didnt bother you before, now they are offensive.....make your mind up.
Of course i dont deny them, they are all true,why would i deny the truth?
The policy which increased the drowning of refugees and economic migrants by encouraging them to travel from safe Turkey to safe Greece was indeed moronic,(if you are going to claim this was some sort of well managed,level headed decision, you need your head tested)if you supported that policy you must ergo be a moron and be complicit in drowning people.Its the truth you Lily Allen types will just have to try and live with as you wash the blood off your hands,FYI crocodile tears works best i hear.
This thread is awash with hypocritical and lying remoaners........again another truth im not denying.
But i agree, unless i have missed it, Angela Merkel has not signed up to NSC and is not an interlocutor on this thread.

I notice you still dont deny you think most people arguing against the EU do it because they are using it as a cover for their deep distrust of foreigners.

I agree, we should not have had a situation where refugees risked drowning themselves to get here, we should have given Turkey greater assistance in accommodating as many as they could and allowed others to walk across the land border, and be accommodated throughout the EU. We should also support, as we have done, refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon
I doubt this is a policy that would have sat well with you though, so what would your policy have been if you were Emperor of Europe?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I quite clearly didnt take the moral high ground, that's a place I have no wish to be, however I reasonably expected that perhaps the Mental poster (whom had previously publicly stated I was on his ignore list) and the aforementioned moderator might at least acknowledge that negative incursion into political correctness.

However my post quickly turned to the original point that perversely stated that the UK was somehow ONLY in front of Italy and Greece in terms of economic performance, its an absolute absurdity when somehow you cite Romania and Latvia as the snapshot to undermine the overall performance of the UK when in the very same piece the Guardian spells it out for you, that actually the GDP growth year on year puts the UK economy in line with the overall EU output performance and ahead of 19 EU member states.

Did you use the word leftard?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I agree, we should not have had a situation where refugees risked drowning themselves to get here, we should have given Turkey greater assistance in accommodating as many as they could and allowed others to walk across the land border, and be accommodated throughout the EU. We should also support, as we have done, refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon
I doubt this is a policy that would have sat well with you though, so what would your policy have been if you were Emperor of Europe?

Well you can go back over the thread, or perhaps it was one of the other threads on Brexit and see that if i had been Emperor of Europe, the policy of support of refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon did sit well with me. So you are quite mistaken. I was in full agreement with the thinking of Cameron at the time. The policy to take refugees from the camps was a sensible policy. Compared to Merkels idea of encouraging enormous mass movement controlled by criminal gangs Camerons policy of taking from the camps was sensible with an extra sensible hat on. It allows for the UNHCR to process all refugees,including those whose background was shifty and might be trying to conceal themselves. It allows to UNHCR to identify those that are truly vulnerable, ie victims of torture or rape, or in need of serious medical assistance physical or mental and to prioritise them towards countries that had offered assistance like us. I said this fully at the time........but hey dont let your blinkered anger get in the way.
But madness won the day and hundreds of thousands of fit healthy economic migrants were encouraged to waltz across numerous safe countries(if they didnt drown first),with no one having an inkling who was amongst them......at least some countries had the sense to erect physical borders to try and halt the chaos

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you just take the moral high ground against someone using the phrase "windowlicker" and then use the word "leftTARD" in the same admonishment?! Absolutely priceless. You people.

You can't make this shit up can you? You really can't.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hard Brexit 'offers £135bn annual boost' to economy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40972776

Removing all trade tariffs and barriers would help generate an annual £135bn uplift to the UK economy, according to a group of pro-Brexit economists.
A hard Brexit is "economically much superior to soft" argues Prof Patrick Minford, lead author of a report from Economists for Free Trade.
He says eliminating tariffs, either within free trade deals or unilaterally, would deliver huge gains.

#economicsuicide

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Removing all trade tariffs and barriers would help generate an annual £135bn uplift to the UK economy, according to a group of pro-Brexit economists.
A hard Brexit is "economically much superior to soft" argues Prof Patrick Minford, lead author of a report from Economists for Free Trade.
He says eliminating tariffs, either within free trade deals or unilaterally, would deliver huge gains.

#economicsuicide

Out of interest, are there any countries which have removed all trade barriers and tariffs?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

#economicsuicide

The same Minford who was Thatcher's little bitch. He was basically employed by Thatcher to explain away her devastation of the Bristish manafacturing industry.
Just last year he was saying Brexit would destroy manafacturing in this country. I wonder whose paying him to say the opposite now?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His defence was even more preposterous. Literally a quick dismissal then a paragraph of utter gibberish. As you say, you couldn't make it up.

I stopped reading when I saw a tin of baked beans mentioned. I've been sucked into his bizarre and wonky analogies before; once bitten etc.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
His defence was even more preposterous. Literally a quick dismissal then a paragraph of utter gibberish. As you say, you couldn't make it up.

Couldnt have put it better myself, I take it the gibberish bit was the economic facts, sums you guys up .....................

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The same Minford who was Thatcher's little bitch. He was basically employed by Thatcher to explain away her devastation of the Bristish manafacturing industry.
Just last year he was saying Brexit would destroy manafacturing in this country. I wonder whose paying him to say the opposite now?

Manufacturing was ruined in the 80s and hasn't recovered

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Couldnt have put it better myself, I take it the gibberish bit was the economic facts, sums you guys up .....................

Well obviously I don't take his view of economics very seriously but it was more the part when he claimed I said something about Latvia or Romania or both or something, that I was describing as gibberish. Something I never even mentioned.

I wasn't looking for a load of gobbledygook about Latvia I was merely pointing out the stupidity of saying a poster should/could/would be banned by a mod for using the phrase "windowlicker" and then in the same paragraph use the word "leftard" without a hint of irony. It just made him look like a bit of a prick is all. I didn't want an economics discussion, just wanted to flag that up.
Job done. Move along. Bzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

#economicsuicide

Lol. This is the chap who said that a leave vote would not see a depreciation of sterling. This is worth no more than a guess any of us could make.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lol. This is the chap who said that a leave vote would not see a depreciation of sterling. This is worth no more than a guess any of us could make.

Minford is basically a spin doctor on the Tory payroll. A mouth for hire.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite. There's absolutely nothing to back up any of his thinking. Quite worrying given he's allegedly a professor.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh no, I would like to keep going if you don't mind.
The second Boer war is the one most people just call The Boer War. Muppet.
The first one was minor in comparison, deaths of British Soldiers in combat was far higher than Boer combatants, British deaths were in the hundreds, Boer deaths in the tens. Fighting lasted about 80 days, There were only around 1800 British Soldiers in the Transvaal at the time, and a lot of these were stuck in Forts under siege and took no real part in fighting.
It is only really worth mentioning at all as it laid the ground for the main one.
There were no concentration camps, and the only mention of disease was in a fort under siege because the British refused to surrender for 3 months.
Want to give up, muppet, whilst you just look stupid?

Following the British Empire's abolition of slavery in 1834,there was an almost continuous state of war with the Dutch settlers,who wanted to keep their slaves.The British Empire's abolition of slavery in 1834,was very unpopular with a lot of natives who had a lucrative business selling the slaves to Dutch and German settlers.The two main Boer wars were the final settlement of who controlled South Africa and it's vital trade route to the sub-continent.Oh,did I mention the British Empire abolished slavery in 1834.The German Empire was still practising it until 1945!So,muppet,there were plenty of wars with the Boers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here