Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What would be your guilty pleasure tune?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Mama Mia for me , any day.

Reminds me of when I got dressed up with all the bits by a Dutch queen called Ronaldo 17 years ago to help him with his transvestite night that he hosted on Fuerteventura.

He taught me how to wrap my dicky dy do behind my my bum and everything.

I dressed up and sang on stage in front of 150 equally bewildered people to Mama Mia. dressed as the blond one from ABBA.

And no, it wasn't the blonde one with the beard that plays guitar.....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Except, I don't see it as a guilty pleasure. I tend to lean more towards the heavy side of things but I would also say that I'm a fan of Swifty's work. It's definitely not what people expect me to say so I think it's meant to be something I'm ashamed of (for some reason) but I'm really not, she's got some great songs.

I'm currently unable to put a video up for it so if someone would be willing to quote me and put it up on my behalf that would be most appreciated!

Good one :thumbsup:

Didn't think of her until you said it, but I too have a small collection of Ms Swift's music on my iPod, as does at least one regular NSCer that I can think of :)

I might have suggested 22, or I Knew You Were Trouble, in addition to Shake It Off :lol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I totally agree that the concept of guilty tune is all wrong. If you like it, get on and like it, and bu66er everyone else.

This is one, though, that I don't think I ought to like, because I do not do the Big Ballad/Stadium Rock sort of thing. But it is a great song - just listen to the words - Scott Walker has got a wonderful voice, and it is one of those records I just wish I had produced. I even like the guitar solo towards the end, which in more normal circumstances I would probably dismiss as cheesy.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...&mid=37A292E471B9E85BFC8437A292E471B9E85BFC84

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
They did some compilation under the misnomer 'Guilty Pleasures' that had ELO and Gerry Rafferty on it. I HAVE NO GUILT.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There are 3 types of people in the world.

1 People who like 'Would I Lie To You?' by Charles and Eddy

2 People who haven't heard 'Would I Lie to You?' by Charles and Eddy

3 Joyless ********s.

(or deaf people, but they pretty much are covered by 2)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Now this is what I'm talking about as a flared jeans Led Zep/Hawkwind/Pink Floyd fan back in 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2q2bis6eLE

I somehow got into this bloddy disco crap (and didn't realise that it was actually Can/Kraftwerk etc. who were doing their evil deeds to dance music and changing it to something wonderful)

Stupid Boy... :facepalm:

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixeE8gkT-s

Not guilty but deffo a 'Smashie and Nicey' pleasure, Tony Peluso's guitar solo/s gets me every single time. They got into a Bob Dylan-1966-style shitstorm at the time from fans who thought that they'd been musically betrayed, fuzz-box indeed! There's a later video live when she clearly wasn't well, it's heartbreaking...

Preparing for a flaming (assumes position)

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Kim Deal is indeed as cool as it gets. She likes Foreigner and Chicago ..... ergo no such thing as 'guilty pleasures'. If it's OK by her it passes muster.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here