Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Bagged three tickets for Mozza without too much problem this morning,

That gig at the Dome seems an awfully long time ago 92?

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Did anyone see Brix and The Extricated last night at Sticky Mikes?
Was veeery good!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did anyone see Brix and The Extricated last night at Sticky Mikes?
Was veeery good!

Yeah, I enjoyed it more than I expected to. Not totally sure about some of the original stuff but can't really argue with The Hanley Brothers and Brix playing a load of classic Fall material.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Peter Perrett was in great form at Concorde 2 last night. Mostly material from his excellent new album but gave a great performance of 'Another Girl, Another Planet'.

Binney on acid

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I saw (Not so) Little Steven at The Roundhouse last Saturday. I left at 22:15, because I had to get back to Brighton and work the following day. Paul McCartney joined him for one track after I'd gone! It was a great concert. There were 15 musicians on stage prior to McCartney's arrival. (Not so) Little Steven opened with 'Even the losers', a track from my favourite Tom Petty album, Damn the torpedoes'.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hot Snakes playing Sticky Mike's in February.
They're one of the best live bands I've seen this millennium, and ought to be cracking in a small dingy venue like this. They have had a hiatus of five years or so, so might have lost it, but this should be a cracker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s a busy time at the moment. Just off the back of Justice, Nick Cave and Algiers I have Kompakt Records (surely best record label on the planet?) signing Weval doing some knob-twiddling on Saturday, some lo-fi post-rock drone from Roy Montgomery on Wednesday (tough choice but I chose him over John Maus on the same night) and Gorillas on Friday. War on Drugs the week after and might try and squeeze in this Pete Perret chap as he comes highly recommended by [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION].

I also have a three way tie between Billy Bragg, James Holden and Brighton Palace at the end of the month.

As an aside, the more polished, bland and MOR War on Drugs become the more I seem to like them.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hot Snakes playing Sticky Mike's in February.
They're one of the best live bands I've seen this millennium, and ought to be cracking in a small dingy venue like this. They have had a hiatus of five years or so, so might have lost it, but this should be a cracker.

Can't wait. Though it's going to be a challenge actually seeing the band I imagine!

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - one for diary, Half Man Half Biscuit playing O2 Forum, Kentish Town, London – 8th June 2018

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The Burning Hell @ The Prince Albert last night were top drawer as always...Mostly toons from the excellent new album, with 'Pass the wine,f*uck the government,i love you' and 'Amateur Rappers' also going down a treat...

Best seen in a tiny venue too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here